• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't want to go on a cruise

I like boating and sailing, but do NOT enjoy cruises and especially not planes. Especially since Covid arrived o_O
I’m avoiding using trains and buses right now too. Germmobiles.

A cruise ship? departing from the state of Florida?

Why don't you ask them if they can't just inject SARS-CoV-2 straight into your nasal cavity? then you can soak in your bathtub at home while you get over the virus, seems like a simpler and quicker way to achieve the same result.

It is not a good time to go now, I agree. I don't have a bathtub anyway. Walk-in shower
When I was younger, before COVID, I wanted to try it.
Probably never will get to now for various reasons.

It can be added to my "Didn't Do" list.
Not the "Bucket" list.

The number one place I wanted to see was Machu Picchu.
Oh, well.
I rode llamas as a kid, before I ever rode a horse! :cool: :horseracing:

I managed ferries but holidays are just too hard organised holidays by a package holiday company were never enjoyable but I was with my mam and she liked them small local ferries were alright like between Malta (island nation off the coast of s.w.italy)and Gozo

My sisters are going on a cruise and keep trying to get me to go with them and won't stop. It'd be a free trip for me, but no. It leaves from Florida and I've told them I can't drive that far anymore and I can't fly because 1.can't go through security and not willing to be searched AND I can't breathe on a plane (my one sister says it'd just be like holding my breathe for an hour). I've told them that there is nothing on a cruise that interests me. They mention pool - I can't swim, don't like water and can't sit in sun because of meds. Sit in shade and read a book - don't like to read. Watch people do karaoke - don't like listening to other people sing. Eat and drink all you want - Very low salt diet and I don't drink. They go on and on naming things that don't interest me and even suggested I can sit in my room - then why go. There's nothing more I can say and they're not wanting to accept "no". Arghhhh!
Ugh. I would never go on a cruise ship (even outside of a pandemic). All of the activities you mentioned sound miserable.

It sounds like you already have it figured out that it isn't something you would enjoy. I would send a detailed email to your sisters as to why you won't be attending. It isn't your fault if they aren't understanding.

You know what you like and don’t like and what is good for your own health. Just keep declining the offer as you will just be miserable the entire time and bring down the mood for your sisters. I would love to go on a cruise just to experience it once and if it was going to Italy and Europe as there is a lot of things that I’d love to see over there. Cruises aren’t for everyone and that’s okay.

If you want a laugh, look up "Bill Burr cruise ships" on Youtube. I won't share the link here as it's probably not PG-13

erytrujgujhg.JPG

Ed

@Captain Jigglypuff had a good idea in their post. Change the playing field.
In other words, what about suggesting going to a place (country of your choice) directly, & taking a tour or a variety of tours whilst there?
You could even split up during the day and reconnect with these sisters at a hotel or wherever.

New Threads

Top Bottom