• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Wazzup! I'm Bob, and we're a new member of this website! Haven't been diagnosed yet, but probably have either Autism or Asperger's Syndrome. I have some of the symptoms and may need help with figuring out which is which. The symptoms that happen for us is:
Spinning around in a circle.
Rocking back and forth when standing.
Repeating, "Hibbity Jibbity" and, "I don't know what that was. Don't ask".
Meowing or barking

It happens pretty often, especially the rocking back and forth. Also, we live in the US. Peace Out! :3

Hello & welcome.
I'm Bob, and we're a new member of this website!
I AND we...? Not many beings can claim those two pronouns simultaneously.
full

Wazzup! I'm Bob, and we're a new member of this website! Haven't been diagnosed yet, but probably have either Autism or Asperger's Syndrome. I have some of the symptoms and may need help with figuring out which is which. The symptoms that happen for us is:
Meowing or barking

It happens pretty often, especially the rocking back and forth. Also, we live in the US. Peace Out! :3
Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your time spent on here!

Meowing or barking

Hello and welcome!

When life gets stressed I come to the forums but generally I check replies to my own posts in bulk (all at once when I get the chance to login). I go weeks at a time without coming here. Also there are so many posting here it is hard for everyone to get a reply so I understand that it is not necessarily that no one wants to reply or think you are a troll or something but that people haven't seen it yet or if they did, didn't reply yet as some of us like to take the time to figure out the best wording. For example, for me who tends to be long-winded, I will post but then edit a lot to shorten it and make it more to the point. Sometimes I will come back and forget I already mentioned something, I mention again. Oops. Hi by the way! Welcome to the Autism Forums!
I created a thread last night and nobody responded. I hope they don't think I'm a troll acount.

Also welcome to everyone else! Everyone who comes here! Everyone who moderates the forums! All admins, staff of the site, and all of us on the Spectrum! Welcome!

Hey everyone, I'm new here, Anything to do??
Looking for a section where people make silly scenarios without seeing people being judgemental.
I sometimes do fan art as well!

Hello every one. I'm a thirty year old woman who is diagnosed with Autism. I live in Washington. I work with plants and really love ferns most of all. I am very thankful to have both a wife and dog who I both love so much. I've noticed as I've gotten older I've become more and more socially withdrawn. I seem to get overwhelmed a lot more easily. So I'm hoping to reach out here for some community.
Oh! I really like TTRPGs too (currently in between games).

Hello every one. I'm a thirty year old woman who is diagnosed with Autism. I live in Washington. I work with plants and really love ferns most of all. I am very thankful to have both a wife and dog who I both love so much. I've noticed as I've gotten older I've become more and more socially withdrawn. I seem to get overwhelmed a lot more easily. So I'm hoping to reach out here for some community.
Hello and welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself here. Let us know if you need any help figuring out the forum.

Welcome. You will find it interesting here.

My social trajectory is opposite yours, as I have gotten progressively more comfortable being social. It started after being isolated and I wanted to grow as a young adult. Now I am happy when I could help others.

Isolation does not bother me. In three weeks I will be taking my MR2 Spyder on a solo road trip, first to Washington DC (The Smithsonian museums!), then on Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway , ending at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park before heading back home.

Welcome. You will find it interesting here.

My social trajectory is opposite yours, as I have gotten progressively more comfortable being social. It started after being isolated and I wanted to grow as a young adult. Now I am happy when I could help others.

Isolation does not bother me. In three weeks I will be taking my MR2 Spyder on a solo road trip, first to Washington DC (The Smithsonian museums!), then on Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway , ending at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park before heading back home.
Thank you very much. That sounds like a lovely trip. I hope you have nice weather and a lovely time. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here! We have people with all kinds of interests on here so I think you'll like it here.

Hello people,
I am thirtysomething years old male. I haven't been diagnosed with autism but I have a strong suspicion that I am on the spectrum. What makes me think that I'm on the spectrum are my difficulties in social interactions (trouble understanding other people, trouble expressing myself) and strong interests in certain subjects which seem atypical compared to other people of my age and background.

I have a job in engineering and hobbies that would consume all my spare time if I didn't have other responsibilities. I have a partner and a child. I'm struggling with mental health problems but am still able to work and take care of myself and my family. Sometimes I use alcohol to cope with the stress.

So, I'm not sure if I should be pursuing a diagnosis. I've been to many psychiatrists and psychotherapists and used many prescribed medications but nothing seems to help the "core issues". Also I think it's very difficult for me to speak to the professionals without some level of masking. It is probably not very easy for them to tell what is going on because of the masking. I feel like I don't know myself and no one else seems to know or understand me either. What to do :(

Welcome @jcdenton , You will find that your experience is not uncommon. Like you I gravitated to the technical side of things and really hit my stride with quality engineering and statistical design of experiments. My psychological difficulties stemmed from life changes that triggered me to inhabit the mind of my lonely, isolated younger self (at a time in life when I was socially dysfunctional.) Happily I eventually had a therapist who understood PTSD and could guide me through Cognitive Processing Therapy. I was forced to do some hard assessment of myself to understand me better. It also required an honesty without dissembling or masking. I hope you can find a good therapist who can help you.

Hi, everyone. I live with my brother, who is autistic, and I'm looking to learn as much as I can about autism. I hope to learn some tips on how I can help him with certain problems he has been having. I look forward to interacting with all of you!

I’m Mi. I live in Denmark. CPTSD, empath, highly sensitive, a sixth sense, intuitive, Asperger, autism - I got many fancy titles through the years, I allow them to flow and grow together with me.
I prefer to hang out with people who feels true to their core and who has similar interests.

Hi,
I'm Olga, from Poland. I was diagnosed with Asperger Spectrum in March 2023.
Since that time I'm trying to understand my past and current :)
I lost many friends in previous years but found my best friend two years ago - my husband. I don't miss most of those friendships because I understood that I didn't feel comfortable with them. In the meantime, I came to the conclusion that I need people around me (but of course, not too often :)) However at the begging I thought I don't.
I'm here to find new Aspies friends.
I love animals, I'm taking care of one lovely dog. I love walking, traveling, hiking, and being outside, however living in the city doesn't make it easy. I enjoy reading books and playing squash. This year I started swimming lessons. I hope one day I will start in the 1/8 triathlon.

Nice to meet you!

New Threads

Top Bottom