• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Welcome. You will find it interesting here.

My social trajectory is opposite yours, as I have gotten progressively more comfortable being social. It started after being isolated and I wanted to grow as a young adult. Now I am happy when I could help others.

Isolation does not bother me. In three weeks I will be taking my MR2 Spyder on a solo road trip, first to Washington DC (The Smithsonian museums!), then on Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway , ending at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park before heading back home.
Hi @Gerald Wilgus !
That sounds cool. I have a plan to go to Blue Ridge Parkway in September. Could you please let me know about your opinion, once you're back? :)

Cheers!
Olga

And I realised that I am too eager to support, share advices/knowledge/wisdom. So maybe it is better to avoid the forum until I learnt to avoid such.

What's wrong with that (I ask it genuinely)? That's what the forum is for.

10 USD.
And I realised that I am too eager to support, share advices/knowledge/wisdom. So maybe it is better to avoid the forum until I learnt to avoid such.
Oh ok I understand. I paid the one time fee and don’t see any advertisements . Figured I would let you know

What's wrong with that (I ask it genuinely)? That's what the forum is for.
To spend several hours on the forum, to answer and inner most hope to work pro bono, isn’t the best route for me. And after spent soon 25 years to listen to people(often pro bono), then I know that the best advice the person gives themselves IF I just listen and place the cue’s correctly. And hold space and support of course.
I am educated to read the threads to the life weave(and to change/repair/soften it). I often just have to ask:’What happened when you were around three years old ? Something with your mum and a stove.’ And a bit older and ran to school, there was a kid beside you, and something happened (was it something with a car?)

If you pay onetime fee for premium membership. Advertising goes away . I think is was like $5
Thanks! Good to know. The ads make it very difficult to use the site. I don't like feeling forced into paying but I get it. Not so bad being a one time fee.

To spend several hours on the forum, to answer and inner most hope to work pro bono, isn’t the best route for me. And after spent soon 25 years to listen to people(often pro bono), then I know that the best advice the person gives themselves IF I just listen and place the cue’s correctly. And hold space and support of course.
I am educated to read the threads to the life weave(and to change/repair/soften it). I often just have to ask:’What happened when you were around three years old ? Something with your mum and a stove.’ And a bit older and ran to school, there was a kid beside you, and something happened (was it something with a car?)
But, here the support and learning can go both ways. You don’t have to be a therapist. Just another human, bumbling through the world with us. Plus there are games and sharing of neutral but fascinating information.

Hi,
I'm Olga, from Poland. I was diagnosed with Asperger Spectrum in March 2023.
Since that time I'm trying to understand my past and current :)
I lost many friends in previous years but found my best friend two years ago - my husband. I don't miss most of those friendships because I understood that I didn't feel comfortable with them. In the meantime, I came to the conclusion that I need people around me (but of course, not too often :)) However at the begging I thought I don't.
I'm here to find new Aspies friends.
I love animals, I'm taking care of one lovely dog. I love walking, traveling, hiking, and being outside, however living in the city doesn't make it easy. I enjoy reading books and playing squash. This year I started swimming lessons. I hope one day I will start in the 1/8 triathlon.

Nice to meet you!
Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here. Let us know if you need any help figuring out the site.

But, here the support and learning can go both ways. You don’t have to be a therapist. Just another human, bumbling through the world with us. Plus there are games and sharing of neutral but fascinating information.
I feel safest in my therapist roll. Because of my partner and using my own methods on myself I begin to feel whole again after my traumatic experiences. And I am ready to support and hold space for others on their journeys. The methods by their own choice.
I love to educate and learn, so of course that automagically happens too!
And a language nerd too.

I feel safest in my therapist roll. Because of my partner and using my own methods on myself I begin to feel whole again after my traumatic experiences. And I am ready to support and hold space for others on their journeys. The methods by their own choice.
I love to educate and learn, so of course that automagically happens too!
And a language nerd too.
Nice. The best thing that has happened to me recently is finding a skilled therapist to guide me through Cognitive Processing Therapy.

Thanks! Good to know. The ads make it very difficult to use the site. I don't like feeling forced into paying but I get it. Not so bad being a one time fee.
You can use any ad blocking software too.

Exactly! I presume it must feel wonderful to have foun the right person connected to the method who works for you ! The person who truly sees you for being you !
Yes it does feel good and is the reason I like putting in the work to grow. At my age, I am feeling quite invisible. Previously that would be a trigger. No more. I feel that I am a kind, accepting, and interesting person that is worth connecting with, whether or not new people I meet would care to interact with me.

What does this mean?
Simply put holding space means showing up for someone, being fully present and without judgment as you sit/stand with that person through their difficult time.
I often open a space by calling the shamanic four directions and change the vibes(the focus) in the room where the healing is going to take place.
It is around the same phenomenon as a a sports arena has a special vibe and that a special football coach may be vibing as tough or soft.
Most leaders open their own spaces in the places they going to hold a speech. A vibe :)

Yes it does feel good and is the reason I like putting in the work to grow. At my age, I am feeling quite invisible. Previously that would be a trigger. No more. I feel that I am a kind, accepting, and interesting person that is worth connecting with, whether or not new people I meet would care .
You seem to put a lot of work in to growing fast !
Sounds like you have found a balanced way together with the people around you!
Invisibility is an awesome skill.

New Threads

Top Bottom