• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hello, I am new & undiagnosed. Unsure if I will ever pursue a diagnosis. For now my priority is finding suitable employment. Whatever that is.:)

Greetings!
I was dx'd young, didn't talk until I was almost five but then talked immediately in sentences [though I do remember having words when thinking much younger than that], wasn't good at making friends and always the odd one out, not athletic at all. My attempts at eye contact resulted in people asking me "why are you staring at me?"
I love Harry Potter, fanfic, nature, and water. And most all kinds of music.

It was recommended that I be put in an institution but my dad refused to do that. He worked with me a lot instead during a time when there wasn't much going on in the form of services. My dx got lost in the shuffle of papers so I doubt that any official paper exists anymore.

I have no reason to get re-dx'd at this point in my life.
That's all for now.

hi,
This is my first time on a forum. I am 17 years old. i love to read in my spare time.( A song of ice and fire is my favourite book series.) English is not my first language, so i will make some mistakes. During therapy i heard that i likely got autism. I am awaiting my diagnosis.(the apointment is scheduled for next week.) I am very nervous about trying this, but it is very important to meet people who do not Judge me for being a bit "out there''. luckily i have met some kind hearted people who are willing to listen to me rambling on about a period in history, books, etc. i guess this is my introduction, very pleased to meet you all!

Hi guys, my name is Alice. I'm from Costa Rica, I took my kid to the psychologist and she told me he is within the spectrum, as she started to explain things to me I felt really related. I've been feeling like an alien my whole life, I started reading about aspeger's and I feel completely identified however I don't have a formal diagnosis.

Welcome, @Mycroft.Holmes! :)
hi,
This is my first time on a forum. I am 17 years old. i love to read in my spare time.( A song of ice and fire is my favourite book series.) English is not my first language, so i will make some mistakes. During therapy i heard that i likely got autism. I am awaiting my diagnosis.(the apointment is scheduled for next week.) I am very nervous about trying this, but it is very important to meet people who do not Judge me for being a bit "out there''. luckily i have met some kind hearted people who are willing to listen to me rambling on about a period in history, books, etc. i guess this is my introduction, very pleased to meet you all!
English isn't my first language either, and I certainly make some mistakes as well. However, it has never been a problem here.
What is your first language?

I'm rather interested in Sherlock Holmes, so I'm wondering why you chose this username.
Did you read the original canon or are you rather interested in one or more adaption(s) of Sherlock Holmes?

Also, which period(s) in history are you particularly interested in?

Hello everyone. My name is Mika. I’m from Hull, U.K.
I’m part English, Native American (Choctaw), and Japanese. If that wasn’t enough, I have Klinefelters syndrome (xxy), and as the Doctor put it when I was 15, “you have ASD, but most of it is Asperger’s Syndrome. I believe “. And I have celiac disease. It’s all related.

I’m 47 now, and live in Japan.

There is always a way to get through life, however much of a jumble is in your head.

I love Blackadder.

Last edited:
Welcome, @Mycroft.Holmes! :)
English isn't my first language either, and I certainly make some mistakes as well. However, it has never been a problem here.
What is your first language?

I'm rather interested in Sherlock Holmes, so I'm wondering why you chose this username.
Did you read the original canon or are you rather interested in one or more adaption(s) of Sherlock Holmes?

Also, which period(s) in history are you particularly interested in?

hi Nightingale,

My first language is Dutch, I am from the Netherlands. what is yours?

This is my first time trying anything like this, i got quite scared during making my profile. when thinking about my name. i started freaking out and wrote the first name that i could think of. that person happens to be Mycroft. That does not take away that I am a big fan of sherlock holmes. I finished the books, watched the movies and the tv show. I can debate forever over what is better.

I love battle tactics and military generals. also I got a small passion about pirates.

I would love to hear what you think about this subject and what your favourite subject are.

I'm researching college student's with autism. There's not a lot of studies that include what students with ASD have to say. I want to complete a study that includes insights from those students because most of the stuff I read is what parents or teachers have to say. It makes a big difference when someone learns from the college students because they know what college is like more than anyone else.

Can anyone help me find out how to find students who want to help other people understand what is is like for a college student with ASD so people can learn from students instead of telling them what they are supposed to be like?

hello i like anime and video games.

Don't have anything else to say about myself

Welcome to the forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay!

Also, you should change your Avatar; the Forums is to be a PG-13 place and your avatar most definitely isn't pg-13... just a friendly heads up

Hello my name is Krystal. I have a son who was diagnosed with Asperger's a few months ago at age 26. I too feel like I am an Aspie having had therapy all of my life for what I know now are Aspie symptoms and diagnosed with everything under the sun. He and I are like the same mind in different bodies. I am very interested to learn all I can about Aspergers. Not the book knowledge but real stories from real people.

Hello, and also ¡Help!
My name's Lee and I'm turning 53 this week. I'm also (once again) facing the prospect of unemployment. I'm not officially diagnosed*, mostly because my therapist and psychiatrist are not sure adding a new diagnosis (in addition to OCD and major depressive disorder) will be to my advantage while I'm still at the mercy of my employer for insurance. What I need help with is this: I got a surprisingly sub-par evaluation last Thursday. We're not supposed to know each other's scores, but they've gotten back to me. The asst director who evaluated me is a conservative home-schooler, and I'm a gay man living in the south. I received a 3.39, and 3.4 appears to be the break point for a higher raise. I'm a pharmacist without a doctorate, and only one pharmacist over 30 has been hired in the past few years. There are new ones working part-time, waiting for me to drop.
My dad passed away in April. My mom is a wreck, and my brother isn't much help and has legal troubles. My numbers are really good. My error rate is far lower than the closest one to my score. The pharmacists who were evaluated higher than me trade stocks on the clock, talk about football and reality TV, and brag about the new restaurants they beat each other to. Meanwhile, I'm working on the 'tough' orders they've left behind--orders abandoned with their initials on em. Incomplete orders for critical hiv meds which, if missed, could lead to the drug no longer being effective; Parkinson's meds are left unentered unless I chase down doctors, nurses, etc--all because I don't want the patient to fall or shake uncontrollably. I was told my score was low because I "take criticism from our customers personally, and my negativity is spread to others." That's HR speak. I work in a hospital. By "customers," he means doctors and nurses. The doctor in question called to scream at me for an order placed by a different pharmacist. We were substituting a tablet for a liquid to save half a penny. At least twice (maybe three times) he simultaneously demanded to me to explain why the substitution was made (there was already a note on the order explaining why), and he wanted to speak to my boss--AND when I dared to reply he yelled at me not to interrupt him. He said I was being insubordinate. He then again simultaneously asked for my explanation, to speak to my boss, and to go ballistic when I tried to respond by speaking. I can't be the first here to short-circuit when given multiple, mutually exclusive commands. The boss who evaluated me said, "weelll, that's just how he is. He's as nice as he can be to me on the phone." My director said the same thing. Of course--she's a department head and has status and power. She then asked if I apologized for the "error" (which was actually was not an error). She said the doctor in question was as nice as could be to her. By the way, the nurses dread this doctor and several say they feel his malignant presence even on days he's not there. Interesting. So, I mentioned the incident with him when we were told in a meeting a few months later (right before being evaluated) that we were to be as deferential as possible to nurses and doctors, no matter what they say to us. My brain would've exploded if I'd stayed silent. So, I said it was unfair that we were often verbally abused without consequence, while nurses and doctors were never held accountable. The assistant director who evaluated me has told me I'm "very intelligent," and that when I say something, the others pay attention. Does he resent that? I couldn't be silent then, and I can't when I go in tomorrow. I can't hold this in. My dad's death (on tax day--and he owed almost in taxes as he was worth) has been hard to deal with in so many ways. One of them is financial--I'll do anything I can to help my 80 yr old mother cope, and missing out on a raise is like twisting a knife. By the way, the pharmacist who put in that order the doctor called about? She's 26, and the rumor is that the 500k plus house she lives in was a wedding present.
There are no pharmacy jobs available--especially without a PharmD, and being over 50 yrs old...I'm afraid I'll say something rude and quit or get fired. How do I get through this week? I can't stand maltreatment or not being able to speak the truth.

*persistent hand-flapper, scored a 503 on the Miller Analogies Test (4 std deviations above the mean--I see patterns; a lot of good that does me). I'm a socially-isolated gay man bewildered by what society and gay men want, so it's not surprising I have a photographic memory for minutiae about obscure bodybuilders past and present.

Hi, My name is Alexandra, but I like to be called Kitsnow. I'm 15, officially diagnosed with Aspergers, and I love to read, write, draw, and play video games.

Hi everyone. My name is Victor and I'm 26. I was diagnosed while serving in the army but was in special education as a kid, though nobody bothered or knew how to diagnose autism back then so I was placed there for "behavioral problems."

Now that I am an adult with a lot of experience with social hacking under my belt, I'm building an online school teaching social skills to other autistic adults and teenagers.

I hope everyone here is having an outstanding day.

Hello, I am from Ontario, Canada and I'm 40 years old. I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome at the age of 19. I attend a local Autism support group twice a month.

I'm self-diagnosed with Asperger's. My brother had an official diagnosis a few years back, though he is less able to function. I have a sixteen-year-old son who is diagnosed as high-functioning autistic whose dream is to be a YouTuber.

New Threads

Top Bottom