• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hi, My name is Michelle and I am a mother of a newly diagnosed son with Autism. He is high functioning (He would have been dx with Aspergers back in the day). He is an awesome kid and has a phenomenal way of viewing the world. He makes me smile every day.

It is a hard thing as a parent to have the confirmation your child is not Neurotypical (I took the Aspie Quiz just to see if I was or wasn't...Pretty sure I was not but was curious as he got it from one of us right.;)).

Here is what is so so cool about this site. I have a dear friend who I have always thought was Aspergers. Well after I took the Aspie quiz...I texted her last night...I finally had the courage to tell her I thought she was Aspergers. She took the Aspie Quiz test...and it shows she is Neurodiverse (Her dad is dx with Aspergers). I am so glad she has some direction to help her understand the "whys" with her.

There are similarities between both my son and my friend (Talking WAY TO LOUD is one of them.) I thought maybe I had some sensory issues as they often hurt my ears and I find myself saying...inside voice. That is the only negative thing I am seeing so far!

They are awesome great peeps! :rolleyes:

Happy to learn and contribute to this forum!

Hi my name is Maraisa and my therapist told me I should check out this site. I am 19 and have been diagnosed with Aspergers since I was 9-10 years old. I live in LA and it mosly impairs my ability to make friends. Making friends has always been really difficult for me...

Hi Maraisa,

I’m Kate, I’m 16 and have only recently been diagnosed.

I struggle making friends too, I recently lost all of my friends in a misunderstanding, I still have one close friend and a few close acquaintances.

It’s difficult but I’m fighting through it, and I hope it will help you to know that you’re not alone.

By the way, LA is my favourite place in the world, I visit for 2 weeks almost every year. Unfortunately though, when I’m not there I’m stuck in rainy old England.

Hello :). My name is Zach and I was 'diagnosed' with Aspergers last year, I was also told that I hold traits of ADHD. I attend, at the moment, two Autism groups in my area and I'm looking into respite and supported living so that my family get a break from me. I think my family sometimes think of me as a drain and often I get a lot of negative reactions from them. Sometimes they call me names or are mean to me which I don't understand why or what I should do. I live in England as well. I'm looking to make friends and to learn more about Autism and how to combat some of the sensory issues as well :)

Hi Zach,

I’m Kate, I’m 16 and I have high-functioning autism.

If it helps, you’re not alone in that family thing, my mum often says that there’s something wrong with me because I can’t do things that others find so easy.

But you know what? There are things I can do that she can’t, like sarcasm for example, because I too am British.

And hey, if you ever want to complain about it, I’m more than happy to hear it.

My name is Mario and I found out about this site recently to give it a shot.

I have a high interest in movies, anime, cartoons, music, and theme parks/travel with plenty of series/franchises too many to count here whenever I have free time.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 8 and struggled make new friends like myself over the years until I started to make new ones for the first time in recent years.

Hi,

I love movies, I wouldn’t say I’m anime crazy but I am a massive fan of quite a few. I’m listening to music at least 4 hours a day. Rollercoasters are my favourite thing in the world, I would live in a theme park if I could. I’m definitely a mega fangirl when it comes to certain TV shows and I can binge watch like a boss, 14, 23 episode, seasons in 6 weeks.

I was only recently diagnosed and I really struggle making friends too, nice to meet ya.

Hi, My name is Alexandra, but I like to be called Kitsnow. I'm 15, officially diagnosed with Aspergers, and I love to read, write, draw, and play video games.

Hey,

I’m 16 and I absolutely love those things too, welcome to the forum, nice to meet ya.

Nice to meet you too, I myself love roller coasters and moreso with highly themed dark rides, motion simulators, occasional flat rides and water rides. A fun fact I was a Disneyland passholder in 2015 around it's 60th anniversary so it was interesting to explore every corner in the park. Best thing about living in AZ is California and Vegas are just several hours away from here. I do visit Disney, Universal or others (Knott's, Legoland, and Six Flags) just about every year.

I listen to lots of music around that amount of time too whenever I'm walking, working out or doing housework. I'm especially into 70/80's new wave/synthpop, funk, R&B, new jack swing, and freestyle along with 90s house/club music.

My name is Mario and I found out about this site recently to give it a shot.

I have a high interest in movies, anime, cartoons, music, and theme parks/travel with plenty of series/franchises too many to count here whenever I have free time.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 8 and struggled make new friends like myself over the years until I started to make new ones for the first time in recent years.
Hey,

I’m 16 and I absolutely love those things too, welcome to the forum, nice to meet ya.

Welcome to the forums you 2! :)

Hello, I'm Brian and I'm self diagnosed with Aspergers. I'm hoping to get professionally diagnosed very soon. It's the first time in my life where I felt there were other people like myself.

I've been extremely lonely and depressed and I'm hoping to meet other Aspies to learn coping mechanisms and hopefully make friends. :)

My name is Natalie. I work at my city's animal shelter. Sometimes I feel cursed not able to find friends/love.

Hello, I'm Brian and I'm self diagnosed with Aspergers. I'm hoping to get professionally diagnosed very soon. It's the first time in my life where I felt there were other people like myself.

I've been extremely lonely and depressed and I'm hoping to meet other Aspies to learn coping mechanisms and hopefully make friends. :)

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process!

Hello,
I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was sixteen. Despite successfully finishing university, I have started to struggle again. I have always struggled to make and keep friends. Most of the friendships I’ve made where made at university. Any friendships I make are very dear to me, when they break I become extremely upset. I also get very jealous when my sibling makes friends and socializes because of how easy it is for them. I can’t even maintain a relationship to last longer than a few months.

I’m also fighting what seems to be a never ending battle with depression and anxiety. I’m glad that I’ve found this forum. It’ll be nice to feel like I belong somewhere again.

In my spare time, I like to play video games, read, write and play board games like chess or dnd.

-moomin

dd.gif
hey everyone im 31 with autism and my wish is to beat it and live a full life and have a big job and make the people who said i was a loser be sorry and look up to me

Last edited:
Hello all,
My name's Danni; I'm 35yrs and, having been diagnosed with ASD a year or so ago and struggling with the diagnosis, I have been directed towards using a forum. I hope I can gain some relief from speaking to other people about it as, at the moment, all I can focus on is just how much, in every aspect of my life, ASD has ruined my life.
I'm sorry for the pessimistic attitude.

I'm 55, and was diagnosed earlier this year. I've been focusing on the same thing. I'm really down on myself right now, and I'm not sure what I feel. I do feel angry about having ASD when my peers never had the same struggles. Only Voc Rehab, and my wife knows my diagnosis. Voc Rehab treats me as if I'm stupid. My wife doesn't treat me that way, but sometimes she'll ask a specific question, and I'm taken aback because it's a question that shouldn't even occur when dealing with an adult. I'm struggling to find even low level jobs. I've always been underemployed, but at least I was employed. I can say that I'm angry, depressed, and I feel hopeless. I never thought I would feel this way at my age. I'm isolated from everyone except my wife, and I don't want to be. I have tremendous social anxiety when I go out, even for mundane things. I like to think things will get better, but honestly, I don't think they will.

Sorry for the rant. Welcome to the forum!

Hi everyone my name is Leroy. I've never been diagnosed with any autism related symptoms, but recently I came across Aspergers and I feel I may have some of those traits and it might be possible I have the syndrome. I may or may not be wrong but just to give a few examples I have been taken advantage of, or being a pushover. It's hard for me to make friends, yet I do have a few childhood friends I still know today. Being in the presence of a crowded room with maybe more than 100 people, or just even 10-20, makes me want to curl up and just be home where I can be comfortable. Being with my childhood friends is relaxing because they know me very well, and I've opened up about who I really am and they've accepted it which was the best thing I could ever want. I have been bullied in the past during school years, especially 1st grade, middle school, and high school, which I've read people with Aspergers are prone to have that happen. I just feel that if I come out with this news to my family they would just think I'm being ridiculous, and my entire family is quite different from me. I don't know if I should get a diagnosis for this, and I'm just nervous if it's what I really been dealing with my entire life, or it's just the way I act and it has nothing to do with autism. I just really need to know because my whole life has been a spiral of ups and downs, people not understanding me, being teased and bullied, just a whole lot. I appreciate all your words and whatever you have to say.

Hi.
I’m just a kid that was diagnosed a couple of years ago. This wasn’t exactly earth-shattering news, because I was perceptive enough to be fully aware of the fact that I was different, so I liked knowing that there were traits within that that I shared with other people.
My family is supportive, although only my dad really understands what being an Aspie really means, which can lead to certain conflicts.
My life has been kinda unlucky overall, although there are people with worse lives out there. I have nephrotic syndrome, a rare disease which affects my immunological system,and basically means I’m allergic to my kidney, which means I’m on immunodepressants at all times. Fortunately, I’ve only been hospitalized once. In emotional matters, my friend list isn’t very long, as is to be expected, but overall, I usually managed to have at least one friend. Today, I have a small group of friends which each has something terrible in their life, but we cope together. In terms of family, I have a sister, and my mom died 9 years ago or so. I am capable of discussing it normally by now, and also could some time ago, but the result is that I matured pretty quickly, so sometimes I feel like I missed out on being a kid.
I’m kinda shy with new people, but once the ice is broken I’m pretty sociable. I’m a bit of a doormat (someone who gets taken advantage of) and the main reason I popped into this website was because of my silence.
I have a habit of speaking quietly, as I feel it’s a normal volume, although everyone around me disagrees. The result is that my opinions are statements are usually squashed. Even when I try to speak up. This is quite frustrating sometimes, so I decided to join a place where I could vent a bit.
As for hobbies and the such, I love music and singing, I love books and the internet for reesearch, I enjoy video games, and I like YouTube. My hyperfocuses hav varied a lot, but they have never strayed from the general topic of science. I particularly enjoy physics. (For any physics nut, my account name is a string theory pun. If you get it, you’re probably like me)
Anyway, if you’ve read all this, I really appreciate your dedication to a random person’s life, and I give you a sincere thank you.
Bye.

New Threads

Top Bottom