• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

The hypochondriac thing is upsetting. Exes of mine would just consistently tell me that I'm not autistic. It hurts my feelings really because it then decreases the amount of support and understanding I get. None of them ever tried to understand me. Just deny what I'm telling them and say I was 'making excuses'. So hard to deal with that
there's a member called @ems she had the same problem as us and she was triumphant when she was told she was right ,you know inside yourself who you are, hold on to that, remember people don't really change.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here, actually it's really hard for me to go on forums and to talk with people, usually my mom helps me to write and to express myself. Thank you to accepting me, hope that I'm going to find people that will understand me and will help me with this.

IMG_0130.JPG
Hello I am Nick, live in the US. I scored high on the Alexithymia test at Alexithymie - Emotional Inability and read the book by David Finch.

Hi! My name is Sarita. I am 32 years old. I joined a support group on Facebook because my son was diagnosed with Aspergers among other things and some people in the site told me they think I may have Aspergers too. It would explain so much. I have always felt different. When I was 18 I was diagnosed with bipolar but as I got older psychiatrists informed me that it was a misdiagnosis. Now I am diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and depression. To me those diagnosises don't explain all my "symptoms". I have a very hard time with social situations including reading people's faces. I actually have been told I am facial blind or something along those lines because I have a hard time remembering peoples faces. I have actually met my son's teacher many times but if she comes up to me in public I have absolutely no clue who she is. I don't recognize her. I can't look people in the eye and when people stare at me it makes my skin crawl. I have a hard time with saying the wrong thing and coming off as rude or even sometimes mean. I don't mean to. I take things too literally and usually do not get jokes. I may laugh at jokes but that is because that is what everyone else is doing. I have gotten pretty good at the smile and nod thing when I have absolutely no clue what people are talking about. I don't know how to respond to people when they talk about things like dying, sickness, emotional things. I have meltdowns when things get too much for me. Noises, smells, chaos, too many people talking... Afterwards I know that I overreacted and feel bad for being such a pain but it is like a switch and I can not stop myself till it is out of my system. I also have a hard time with certain feels and textures. Like I can not eat pulled pork because I hate the texture or wear shirts with high necklines because I feel as though someone is choking me. I also obsess. This is one of the reasons they diagnosed me with bipolar when I was younger. I get obsessed about a certain topic and I talk nonstop about it, usually in a fast paced speech. Anyway that is a little about me. I know that it was long and hope it wasn't too long. I would like to learn more about Asperger's and how to deal with it. Maybe if I learn more and learn how to deal with it then maybe I wouldn't have such bad depression knowing that I do belong somewhere and am not just "weird" or "stupid" or just an outcast. Thank you.

IMG_0109.JPG
Hi everyone. I'm not on the spectrum, but my boyfriend has Asperger's, and living together, while it's awesome most days, can be quite a trial on others. I can always use some more info or insight into how to help him, me, and our relationship out.

Chilly Willy @The Penguin[/QUOTE]
Hi
This thread is more for new members might be shy to introduce themselves.

No need to fear, you joined a great site. No rush to introduce yourself. Take the time you need. But once you are ready to introduce yourself, you will be greeted by many people.

Yours Truly,

Chilly Willy @The Penguin
Hi, I’m the Mum of an adult Aspie newly diagnosed, and want to understand more. She seems relieved by her diagnosis.

Hello, i'm 28, Lydia and I currently live in the North West of England. I was diagnosed when i was about 11 years old. I don't really know what else to say right now except hello :)

IMG_0094.GIF
Diagnosed in my mid 40s told absolutely nothing but that is the UK find it strange that they couldn't understand I was traumatised
50ish female, diagnosed as autistic around 10 years ago but received no advice or counsel.

Just reading everyones different posts...

kinda feels like l suddenly belong somewhere in life after all..

l remember feeling like they had thrown me a life line with a brick attached to it.. l wanted to grab the life line but felt dazed by being hit with the diagnostic brick.. ;)

did you feel traumatised by the diagnosis or by how you had experienced life with undiagnosed autism?

love the Gif by the way :)

Hello, i'm 28, Lydia and I currently live in the North West of England. I was diagnosed when i was about 11 years old. I don't really know what else to say right now except hello :)
Hi Lydia, hello right back to you :)
lm new too, l have only just found these posts by other newbies!

Last edited:
l remember feeling like they had thrown me a life line with a brick attached to it.. l wanted to grab the life line but felt dazed by being hit with the diagnostic brick.. ;)

did you feel traumatised by the diagnosis or by how you had experienced life with undiagnosed autism?

love the Gif by the way :)
I use the gif as I find communicating in English very distressing, you haven't missed my post ,I only did it a few minutes ago
No more confused as I knew someone Who had a psychology degree and she thought I had borderline personality disorder ,so I thought they would say that ,the doctor had said autism !which is why after 45 years I went to be diagnosed! Nothings changed my health is got worse and I receive welfare benefits ,but I'm aware that the British government are trying to declassify mild high functioning autism spectrum disorder .

Hi there,
yes l was so relieved when l got my diagnosis.. at last l could look for answers and learn why the world didnt make sense and why everyone felt annoyed or exasperated at me for my responses.
This looks like an extremely helpful forum for you and your daughter to connect to :)
Just so you know I don't have a daughter

Hi, I'm from Alabama, unfortunately (I don't like mentioning that because it feels like people think we're all stupid or something, or at least it did when I was a kid.) I'm currently living in Texas. I'm in my 30's and was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder a few years ago, and maybe I'm trying to re-evaluate my life. It seems like it's just passed me by. I have a lot of dreams and aspirations, but really I don't think I have the ability to fulfill them. I used to think that adults should have all of their dreams fulfilled once they reached a certain age; dreaming was for kids. Too bad that's not how the real world works. I got an English degree and struggled to find a job as a teacher. My original goal was to become a writer, but I feel like that's just not going to happen any time soon.

IMG_0340.GIF
You could self publish but it's not a guarantee read up on it put it in the search box
Hi, I'm from Alabama, unfortunately (I don't like mentioning that because it feels like people think we're all stupid or something, or at least it did when I was a kid.) I'm currently living in Texas. I'm in my 30's and was diagnosed with ASD a few years ago, and maybe I'm trying to re-evaluate my life. It seems like it's just passed me by. I have a lot of dreams and aspirations, but really I don't think I have the ability to fulfill them. I used to think that adults should have all of their dreams fulfilled once they reached a certain age; dreaming was for kids. Too bad that's not how the real world works. I got an English degree and struggled to find a job as a teacher. My original goal was to become a writer, but I feel like that's just not going to happen any time soon.

New Threads

Top Bottom