• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does this happen to anyone else?

mysterionz

oh hamburgers!
V.I.P Member
I feel really uncomfortable by statements that imply that a person is going to
”commit suicide.”

I’ve struggled a lot with these thoughts and so has one of my close friends.

Last edited:
Yeah I get it. There's one guy I know, who constantly threatened that. But it was a manipulation thing, he was a terrible person. So now, if I hear that kind of thing, even worse, because I suspect they are lying for that purpose, but it probably isn't... ack. Don't know what to say, and a mild paranoia.
Anyway, I'm depressive and sometimes feel that way myself (I won't at all in any way) but still feel that way. And so I try not to talk about it.

You should feel uncomfortable.
But you should also be glad that they are talking about it rather than doing it which means there may be other options to address their issues.
Possibly you feel uncomfortable because you take on the responsibility to fix them, or prevent them from self harm. This is an impossible task, so ease up on yourself.
If someone is talking to you about it, let them talk. You don't have to agree with them. Let them vent. Sometimes people just need someone who will listen and care. They may work their way through it or you might have insight that they never thought of.

What specifically don't you like about it? How does it make you uncomfortable?

It brings me back to a dark place that I was before.
I understand. Same.

Remember, that was before. You are not there now. It is just bad memories and feelings. Perhaps you can think about how far you’ve come when you see and hear those things. Think about everything that keeps you away from that dark time.

I understand. Same.

Remember, that was before. You are not there now. It is just bad memories and feelings. Perhaps you can think about how far you’ve come when you see and hear those things. Think about everything that keeps you away from that dark time.
not to be a Karen, but I hope YouTube takes down accounts like that before more ppl relapse into an unhealthy state that are prone to such.

Last edited:
Karen sounds more on trend haha. I’m so funny lol
LOL...yeah you never know with names these days. But it's very unkind to those born with those particular names. Lot of nasty YouTube videos out there about "Karens". Especially regarding traffic incidents.

But in all seriousness such issues have to be handled so carefully. Makes me wonder about such videos and the competence of those making them. I sometimes check up on some of the people making medical-oriented presentations, and there seem to be one too many underqualified people with good intentions.

Reminds me of consulting with my MD recently, who assured me that there are no cures for Tinnitus.

Hoping this "Sheila" isn't one of them.

Last edited:
LOL...yeah you never know with names these days. But it's very unkind to those with those names. Lot of nasty YouTube videos out there about "Karens". Especially regarding traffic incidents.
I’ve met a few ladies named Karen in real life and they’re all very polite women. I’ll start a petition to rebrand the term “Karen” to “Sheila” or “Carol.”

I’ve met a few ladies named Karen in real life and they’re all very polite women. I’ll start a petition to rebrand the term “Karen” to “Sheila” or “Carol.”
Yep. All the ones I ever knew are good people!

Truth is, it's a sexist derogatory term. There are already plenty of adjectives describing those who cannot seem to mind their own business, regardless of gender.

The first search result for Karen in Google is in reference to the pejorative term.

New Threads

Top Bottom