• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does caffeine make you more or less focused?

Does caffeine make you more or less focused?

• It makes me more focused

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • It makes me less focused

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Caffeine makes me feel less tired, but doesn’t help me focus

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Caffeine doesn’t affect me

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I would say, more alert and energetic, but less focused. I can become horribly talkative if I have too much coffee, to the point where folks begin backing away and edging toward the exits, while aiming brittle smiles in my direction and nodding.

I remember when I drunk around 6 coffees at a friend's over a period of a few hours in the early afternoon and I felt awful with extreme anxiety, I couldn't keep still, I was sweating, I felt awful right into the late evening and I'd never ever do it again. I couldn't believe that just coffee could do that, I didn't even think about it when I was drinking it and it took me a while to realise that all this was actually caused entirely by the coffee. People are only not effected by caffeine if they don't have enough of it to notice, but often their body has gradually gained a tolerance to it so they can have higher doses before noticing any effects, it is mild compared to some drugs, but it is still addictive.

It sickens me that they now market energy drinks with extremely high levels of caffeine and other stimulants to both adults and children without any health warnings, they're actually significantly addictive and bad for your health. A friend of mine was genuinely addicted to them and struggled to cut down, he was very upset how they were marketed and he was an adult. It is pretty shocking and they should be banned for sale to children with health warnings at least. The manufacturers and marketers however know their effects and they love that they're addictive because this makes them a lot more money, many of the snazzy can designs also target children and young adults. You don't think they make soft drinks addictive on purpose? Well Coca-Cola used to contain around nine milligrams of cocaine per glass years ago instead of caffeine before it became a controlled substance.

Last edited:
Can’t reign in the effects of coffee on my system.
Legs jiggle up and down when seated, can’t keep still. Talk too much.

I don’t drink it at all really by free choice.

The caffeine in tea doesn’t have the same effects. I drink tea by the gallon.

I would say, more alert and energetic, but less focused. I can become horribly talkative if I have too much coffee, to the point where folks begin backing away and edging toward the exits, while aiming brittle smiles in my direction and nodding.

I know those brittle smiles and head nods :)

They say with caffeine you have it regularly or not at all.

I rarely drink caffeinated drinks so I'm quite sensitive to caffeine. It doesn't help me focus and becomes a distraction as I don't feel well.

New Threads

Top Bottom