• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

does anyone feel like they dont get approval

smilie

does anyone feel like no matter what they do or how hard they try to do things that they dont get apporval either doing something that you love doing or just simply wanting to meet new people :(
im also in the process of doing some sewing today and im also very stressed about a few things and over whelmed too does anyone feel like that too sometimes :(

I do feel like people don’t approve of me sometimes, and I often feel like people don’t approve of my artwork either. So I understand!

I used to work for the approval of others until I lost myself pleasing everyone. Once I changed to regain my agency, approval was nice when it happened, but I really didn't care because I was working for MY satisfaction. I was my own critic at times, but as I always did the best I could, it was easy to bounce back when I stumbled.

I used to struggle with getting approval from others too, eventually I learned I wasn't approving of myself. I decided that as long as I followed the same rules that I expect others to follow, then I'm being a good person (at least by my own standards).

does anyone feel like no matter what they do or how hard they try to do things that they dont get apporval either doing something that you love doing or just simply wanting to meet new people :(
im also in the process of doing some sewing today and im also very stressed about a few things and over whelmed too does anyone feel like that too sometimes :(

Dont lose hope, the social game is difficult but not impossible.

It has happened to be before and still happens to me from time to time, even in my own family, when I behave naturally and ignore the social norms of the group.

Try not to get personal the approval of the group on you, and specially on your work. NT groups work that way, Its not personal. Their brains are wired that way and they cant help it.

So your work may be excelent, but you will be judged by your social position on the group. And as we dont understand group dinamics very well, our possitions on groups are low most of the times unless we work for ourselfves ore become bosses by facts.

That is such a problem and so well known that many scientific publications requiere authors to be hidden behind fake names so their work may be reviewed fairly. Even by other scientifics who are in different countries!!

Try not get sad by other people limitations, even if they are the mayority.

im not ok atm and i feel a little sad and depressed right now im going to try and get some sleep i guess :(

I have never sought anyone's approval or approbation. Sure it can be surprising when it comes unbidden, but I don't need it. I think we put too much stress on ourselves seeking something that is ephemeral at best, so isn't it much better to seek peace within one's core.

Perhaps I am just too arrogant for my own good, but need of any kind can turn your life into a toxic whirlpool that sucks any enjoyment out of life. Maybe it is just a case of severe myopia instead, focusing too much on self that I cannot wait for others to catch up to me. That may come across as selfish, but a bit of selfishness is necessary to navigate the rapids of life.

I feel your pain, as I have been where you are now, as I tended to dwell in it in my youth. I know how hard it is to cope when you feel alone and without the solace that you desperately need. So, accept a warm psychic-hug from me. You are not alone.

Sleep well dear heart and may you always have pleasant dreams to soothe your soul.

Yes. Particularly from my own family. My current college has change my perspective on this a lot and most the time the only persons who’s approval I need is my own.

I always feel like this. I used to wish somebody would tell me: Good job, you can take it easy now. But no one ever did

I hope you can get things sorted out and feel better soon, Smilie.
We’ll still be here when you come back :)

im not ok at all atm and i probably wont be coming back :( and i feel sad and depressed at the moment :(

Everybody gets that heavy gloomy feeling, not quite at home, not quite relaxed. As sure as night divides the day, dawn destroys the night. Like the passing of the seasons. It's just one of those existential moments in life, we all experience. Great bliss, to feel good, feel fantastic, it's what we all seek. We all pursue. You may not be okay now, but far better days surely come your way.

Everybody gets that heavy gloomy feeling, not quite at home, not quite relaxed. As sure as night divides the day, dawn destroys the night. Like the passing of the seasons. It's just one of those existential moments in life, we all experience. Great bliss, to feel good, feel fantastic, it's what we all seek. We all pursue. You may not be okay now, but far better days surely come your way.

ty

Top Bottom