• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else use imaginary conversations with trusted people to guide them?

Sometimes, but I usually end up concluding that I have no idea if the person would actually say what I'm imagining, or if it's just what I'd want them to say / fears that they would say. People tend to surprise me - if not in the broad strokes, then almost always in the details.

I do on the other hand have a sort of all-purpose devil's-advocate type mental model that I have long arguments with. It usually wins, too.

l wonder do NT's do this?

I do. I have lots of conversations in my head but usually they are more like imagining how I'd like things to go with someone rather than asking them for advice. Never thought of doing that so am going to try it and see what develops.

I do. I have lots of conversations in my head but usually they are more like imagining how I'd like things to go with someone rather than asking them for advice. Never thought of doing that so am going to try it and see what develops.

Use me.

I'm usually funnier and smarter when I'm in other peoples heads.

I think/talk to myself sometimes about potential outcomes but I suppose I just don't trust other people enough to do it.

I used to have a model like that of my best friend but then I got to know that she was telling other people things I let her know in secret and the model disappeared.

Sometimes, however, I have a model of a book character I respected at the time of reading it. Does that count?

I imagine conversations a lot, I often imagine what a seemingly rigid thinker would say, what someone would say if they don't care about what I think.

I think/talk to myself sometimes about potential outcomes but I suppose I just don't trust other people enough to do it.

I used to have a model like that of my best friend but then I got to know that she was telling other people things I let her know in secret and the model disappeared.

Sometimes, however, I have a model of a book character I respected at the time of reading it. Does that count?
I think it’s sort of !!!!in the category of if you think you see hairs on the palm of your hand, probably more something you can’t physically feel by touch

New Threads

Top Bottom