• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else hate Simon's Quest?

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
It's really boring. It's pretty easy to get lost too. There's no sense of what to do at all. I always stop playing it after 5 minutes. It's also nonsensical how hearts are money.

Wait, that's the Castlevania with all the weird clues and dialogue right!? Are you playing on an emulator? You can download a community patched version that fixes all the dumb dialogue and a couple of bugs! Search it up on Google I'm sure you will find it. Apparently it's pretty good once you can play it properly.

I can't really play Castlevania very well, I have the Switch Castlevania collection and I'm pretty horrid at playing it. I can recognise the patterns but my reflexes aren't up to it. I just get wiped out at the first boss no matter what I do lol! :)

Yeah, much of the ultra-cryptic nonsense is bad translation. It's the same exact sort that led to the legendary "I am Error" from Zelda 2. And certain things that slow down the pacing are just design tendencies from that era that devs hadnt gotten past yet (the very slow text, for instance).

That being said it's very much Zelda 2 except that it's Castlevania. Ya gotta like the RPG elements and exploration to really get anywhere in it.

It took quite awhile for that series to really figure out just what it wanted to be. But it got there eventually.

I like Simon's Quest a lot! lol. But I played it on an actual console and still have an actual console for it, lol. But the game itself if a fake lolol!!! I somehow solved it, but you need a lot of patience and back and forth. It is very rpg-ish. Well done for what it is in my opinion. My favorite Castlevania is Castlevania III, although I haven't really tried the news ones that much because I don't have certain systems etc.!
These days, you have the Internet to figure out stuff you're stuck on. But yeah, the things you have to figure out in Simon's Quest might be annoying, but not unreasonably so. You want an unreasonable puzzle solving game, I think the award goes to Riven. (I've played only Myst and Riven in the Myst series..)

AVGN is from my general area too and I always see him listed as a guest at the video game con near me annually.
A video game place in Lansdale has AVGN arcade machines. You can also get AVGN games off of Steam.

New Threads

Top Bottom