• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone collect physical media like vinyl/cds? I’ve grown I bit of a collection since 2018

Jayko-Wizard

CF626D0E-59E1-42FD-BBF5-A5519C24F00B.jpeg
37CFF19C-3C67-4396-9809-2FFFB9C362D2.jpeg

Yep, i still buy DVD's/blu-ray's if there is something I really like or can't find on Netflix.

I don't like the idea that it is a streaming service that can control if I can watch my favorite series or movie for the 10'th time.

I dumped all my vinyl crappy records back in 1988 when I got my first Sony CD player. Continued to collect cassette tapes up until my last prized Dolby HQ tape deck died around 2010. Still have plenty of CDs, though I hardly play them any more.

Some years later I simply started collecting digital media via the MP3 format. Having almost recreated my entire music collection from the past. I use Audacity to edit them to my own standards of uniformity.

What I really enjoy is having my entire music collection at my fingertips with my car's audio system.

Last edited:
CDs are my jam, as someone who is probably crazy about jam says.

I have, at this moment in my life, 1135 CDs in my collection, and I appreciate them all. There are also so many memories connected with a lot of those albums. It is like an extension and reflection on my life.

Yep I'm the same I love my CD's I have 1031 of them currently and they are sat in cd racks next to me in my lounge,I love looking at them when I am listening to tracks

I dumped my vinyl collection years ago many were half speed mastered or first edition coloured vinyl as I did not like the snap crackle pop CD's have a much better dynamic range If i saw a disc jockey playing vinyl at a bar I would leave. Not into collecting gave my signed copy of cats can fly to a work mate they were part of his music as a teenager he collects vinyl I thought he was going to cry when I retired and gave it to him as a parting gift.

I collect vinyl too! I don't mind the occasional pop or click, I always kinda liked the subtle static that you get in the quiet parts of a record. Of course I have a limit, I don't like poorly cared for records that sound super scratchy. The mastering process with newly pressed vinyl has liberated a bit more dynamic range so they can sound pretty incredible when done right, though it does mean that often an album is spread across two LPs.

I have Darkness on the Edge of Town on vinyl. I have a CD copy but the original vinyl sounds much better to me :)

I have a ton of original recordings on CD's(and a little Vinyl)from various bands from 80's-00's All the old rock artists vocalists are so high you cannot understand them. Listening to Pink Floyd's 'Money' and trying to understand the lyrics will actually give you a headache. Sounds awesome though.

Haven't got any CDs but I love collecting old 78rpm shellac records, Edison Diamond Discs (80rpm vertical cut) and cylinder records.

Have altogether too many of them.

I have a good sized CD collection, most of it is obscure bands hardly anyone has ever heard of... Daniel Amos anyone? Larry Norman perchance... 77's, yes a real band, why do you think my username is what it is... And you might have heard of Cara Luft perhaps...

And lots of local musicians, friends of mine who have released albums, thus I have lots of signed CD's

I have vinyl, old classical, folk and some jazz. Have a signed album from McPartland. I also have a bunch of CDs, same types. But I don’t have anything to play them on. I had an old stereo set, but it got lost somewhere along the way.

I have vinyl, old classical, folk and some jazz. Have a signed album from McPartland. I also have a bunch of CDs, same types. But I don’t have anything to play them on. I had an old stereo set, but it got lost somewhere along the way.

I play CD's on my home computer, don't have a CD player anymore

I have a massive collection of CDs and a small one of LPs. Just got into vinyl collecting. So far I have a few singles of songs or artists that I like and a few good albums.

New Threads

Top Bottom