• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you think Claymation mixed with Anime could work?

AGXStarseed

I've recently been watching HeadphonesUK's reviews of Aardman Animations's stop-motion TV shows such as Morph, Creature Comforts and Shaun the Sheep (I won't link the reviews as there is swearing in the videos both from him and some of the stuff he reviews), along with watching the Godzilla Anime Trilogy.

After a while, it got me wondering; while Anime is predominantly presented in 2D with shows like Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Dragonball, etc., we have seen it move into 3D in games, TV shows and movies (a recent example been the remake of Pokemon the Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back) as well as seeing live-action movies that copy elements of anime, like The Matrix.
As such, if a company like Aardman decided to do a claymation movie with anime elements - similar to what has been done with shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender or RWBY which were cartoons that incorporated anime elements - do you think it could work?

Just to give you an idea of some of their earlier work, Aardman worked on the claymation sections of this music video for the 1985 song "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel - with Aardman animator Nick Park (creator of Wallace and Gromit) doing a large amount of work on the video; in particular the famous dancing chickens:

I'd love to see a Clanimé™ film. I imagine a plasticine hadouken would be pretty spectacular.

And messy :)

I'd love to see a Clanimé™ film. I imagine a plasticine hadouken would be pretty spectacular.

And messy :)

It would certainly look awesome to see that. With the claymation buildings and characters, if you could sync up the special effects just right I could easily see an epic version of something like a Dragonball fight; a major benefit being that everything you see is actually there and gets you more hyped up when you see it smashed to pieces.

Also, I like the term you've come up with, although I'd spell it as "Claynimé" or - if we were going with the Aardman approach - "Aardnimé".

New Threads

Top Bottom