• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you prefer Night? Darkness?

I am Batman...
IMG_8116.JPG

well..................... Night time is peaceful!! fresh air! Yay! My name says "NlGHTgirl" but, ah, actually, I LOVE the sunshine! I'm crazy happy about warm sunshine! I'm secretly an early coffee morning person now, ahem.

This is an old nickname that lingers for whatever reason........ Vampire or super hero?

Awesome!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!! ~ My halloween~ birthday ! yummy!

Last edited:
Put me down for night and darkness. It's too bloody hot where I live most of the year. Nighttime is the only escape.

I like night because it's quieter but I don't mind some sunshine. When I was younger I lived for the night because that's when my family were all in bed and weren't up making noise with cooking, TV, walking (I lived in the basement, I knew where everybody was at any given time), and looking back it grated on my nerves more than I realized it did. But now I'm married to a guy on a rotating sleep of his own, so now I look forward to whenever he and the kid both are asleep so I can get some peace and quiet.

Yes, but it isn't very sustainable as the rest of the world operates on daylight hours. Plus, I notice that I become increasingly depressed If I don't receive enough sunlight.

Yes, I am a total night owl. I prefer the night hours because they are quiet, and I can get stuff done. I have a slight obsession with the full and crescent moons. Full moons mean more stuff happens; the crescent is graceful-looking. Bright light gives me major headaches (the full spectrum UV lights they use up here in the winter actually can give me migraines). It doesn't help that my eyes are blue, and blue eyes tend to be more sensitive to light than other colors. Oddly enough, however, I don't much care for the cold. I have a vascular condition that makes my hands and feet constantly cold, and I'm easily chilled. I like a nice even 70-80 degrees. I'm from the deep South originally and got dragged up the official ice box of the U.S. So, the fact that I prefer warmer temperatures doesn't really surprise me. A lot of my artwork is even based in night scenes.
I am also in agreement on sensory over-load. My parents say I need to socialize a little more to counter-act my depression problems, but just going out to take my books to the library, run an errand, or go to the doctor sends me into full anxiety (if not outright panic). I guess that's why I'm so partial to being up when everyone else is asleep. It's less stressful and overwhelming. The very idea of going to one of my college's sports events makes me cringe. I need the socialization or I relapse and have to start learning to deal with others all over again. It's even hard for me to order at restaurants. I have the noise of other patrons, the sound of all those dishes, and now all of those TV's with the football games on. So, yes, nighttime is me time. Quiet and calm (albeit rather inconvenient if I happen to have an early morning class).

New Threads

Top Bottom