• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do You Like Roller Coasters?

Pondering

Basically, the name of the thread: Do you like roller coasters? How do they make your feel physically and emotionally? Do they scare you? Do they make you dizzy and/or nauseous? I can't get enough of them. The bigger, the faster, the harder the whiplash, the better. I just think they are so much fun, even when they make me queasy.

Last edited:
Basically, the name of the thread: Do you like roller coasters? How do they make your feel physically and emotionally? Do they make you dizzy and/or nauseous? I can't get enough of them. The bigger, the faster, the harder the whiplash, the better. I just think they are so much fun, even when they make me queasy.

Never been on one so I don't know how I'd react. That said, I've no desire to go on one as I feel dizzy just bouncing up and down on a trampoline for a while - let alone twisting, turning and racing at high speeds on a rollercoaster.

I don’t mind the speed, but the dropping sensation just sickens me. Might be related to my mild fear of heights. I don’t do roller coasters.

The last “roller coaster” I went on was the log ride at DisneyLand, about 3-4 years ago. The whole time, I had to keep telling myself, “I trust the engineers that designed this.”

I don’t mind the speed, but the dropping sensation just sickens me. Might be related to my mild fear of heights. I don’t do roller coasters.

The last “roller coaster” I went on was the log ride at DisneyLand, about 3-4 years ago. The whole time, I had to keep telling myself, “I trust the engineers that designed this.”
Same here, that falling sensation is terrible isn't it. Ironically I'm not afraid of heights tho

YEEEESSSS!!!! The greater the g force the more I love it. Feeling like my entire body is being smashed by air is inexplicably enjoyable.

I used to love them.
I can remember the natural ‘high’, pure adrenaline rush from being slightly scared in an enjoyable way.

Never felt more alive than when momentarily feeling the effects of physics.

I’d faint if I tried it now :D

Basically, the name of the thread: Do you like roller coasters? How do they make your feel physically and emotionally? Do they scare you? Do they make you dizzy and/or nauseous? I can't get enough of them. The bigger, the faster, the harder the whiplash, the better. I just think they are so much fun, even when they make me queasy.

Makes me wonder how old you are? Used to love Space Mountain at Disneyworld- couldn't take it now.

Disneyworld has a ride that mimics the take off from the space shuttle- you might like that one too- scary in a different way than roller coasters.

Makes me wonder how old you are? Used to love Space Mountain at Disneyworld- couldn't take it now.

Disneyworld has a ride that mimics the take off from the space shuttle- you might like that one too- scary in a different way than roller coasters.

The last time I went to Disney World (years ago) Space Mountain was the only ride I enjoyed. Everything else was too boring. Island of Adventure had some fun stuff though.

I love rollercoasters.

The best ones I been on was "The Medusa" at Six Flags in San Francisco, "The Kraken" and "The Manta" at Orlando SeaWorld in Florida. I love the floorless steel twister rollercoaster and unfortunately we don't have rollercoaster like this in Australia. I was glad that I rode them while I was in the USA.

All my favorite rollercoasters have the looping and the corkscrew element.

The best rollercoaster ride in Australia for me was "The Cyclone" at Dreamworld in Queensland and the decommissioned "Thunderbolt".

I was less fortunate that I never rode " The Big One" in Blackpool England due to bad weather condition.

I like them, they don't frighten me whatsoever. There are several local ones that I go on, my favourite is one that loops around two stories above an ice skating rink with junior hockey players skating below.

Roller coasters are a lot of fun, but I do not like not being in control. A trail full of jumps and a dirt bike are more fun.

I love them! Haven't been on one for years, but I'd go on one again in a heartbeat. I love anything that gives you an adrenaline rush!

Learned early I can't stand them. Never again.
Oddly enough I did like this one. Mission Mars I believe it is called?
I was reluctent, but, my partner talked me into it. He had been on it before.
The sensations are different and I was totally enthralled with the virtual reality of space scenes.

I really enjoyed the Epcot centre piece ride. The main attraction.
Totally unique.
105.JPG

I enjoyed one old small wooden roller coaster as a young child. I cannot stand any of those modern rides as an adult. I live near Six Flags Great America, and went once. Horrible. I left my group, after riding and getting nauseous on some “Batman” nightmarish, heart attack inducing ride and spent the last hour on the Merry Go Round Carousel riding with the kiddies. I took a look at their roller coaster, and thought, “Absolutely no fk-n way.”

I absolutely cannot stomach any of those rides! Even if they were free, and I could ride all day, no thanks.

Roller coasters are the one thing I have a genuine phobia of. However once I take about 1 mg of xanax, that goes away and you can't keep me off them. The more elaborate they are the better.

I absolutely love roller coasters too but i'm not exactly a daredevil when it comes to ridding them either. In fact it wasn't until last summer that i started going on upside down coasters. I rode chetta hunt at Bush Gardens Tampa which only had one inversion, and a while after that i rode the rock n roller coaster at WDW.
About a week ago however i got back from a New England vacation with my family where we visited six flags New England one day and i rode three looping coasters including wicked cyclone which is easily one of the best roller coasters i've ever been on in my life! I'm now determined to ride as many roller coasters of all kinds as i can and hopefully become a huge enthusiast in the future.

I am also a massive fan of "Rollercoaster Tycoon", the game when you build your own rollercoasters.

I'm not sure what it was called, but I played a PC roller coaster building game many years ago. It was a lot of fun. Especially the test ride with crash dummies. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom