• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have problems with chores too or is it just me?

I cannot stand doing most chores, and just the thought of them makes my entire body ache. I do the weekly stuff like laundry and taking out the garbage without any real problems, and I don't mind cooking either, but when it comes to other daily things like doing dishes I'm so thankful I don't have to do them immediately since I live alone and there is no one to nag, plead, and threaten me over and over to do them.

I hate how society pressures us to keep our homes spotless but when we actually do it makes us less resistant to germs and allergies. Anything to sell their toxic cleaning products.

I have similar issues, but did not associate them with autism. However, I have a tendency to accept more responsibility than I can handle, and I have difficulties once I become overwhelmed. I am in this situation now, and am actively getting rid of responsibilities now.

When I'm alone, my appartement easily become a big mess, very fast.
I think it's closer to adhd than autism but it could be both.

Perfectionism is a hard taskmaster.
Not easily pleased.

Developing an acceptable way of completing a chore just means when things don't go to plan,
we view it as the wrong way, or unacceptable, or having made too many mistakes.

When I do household chores, I do them for one of two reasons:
1) Absolute necessity: We're out of clean dishes, I'm out of clean underwear, etc.
2) Because I know it will make my wife happy. Thinking of her happiness at seeing it done is what motivates me to do most adult stuff.

Yup, sure do! Mix being physically disabled with having cancer and the fatigue of chemo. Then throw in the scatterbrainedness (yes it's a word...now) of Autism, and you get a girl that has a cluttered home. Praise the Lord for my daughter, she helps out so much!!! <3

I view it as part of the fun.

Do you mean you view being clumsy as part of the fun?

Or that your stealth ninja moves are the fun part?

I agree that the latter would be fun and also good for developing and maintaining good balance.

But the clumsiness - not so great. Particularly when serious injury has occurred, which it has in my case :(

That's part of the reason I like to keep my home free from trip hazards and other hazards in general and I find I can manage that my keeping on top of chores.

Only the cats remain my trip hazard, but I love them too much to tidy them away into a cupboard :D

Do you mean you view being clumsy as part of the fun?

Or that your stealth ninja moves are the fun part?

Both. Most clumsiness is just cuts and bruises, although....

But the clumsiness - not so great. Particularly when serious injury has occurred, which it has in my case

Do tell. If you want :)

A lot of burns have been quite good.
a green finger with bits ofwhite, realising the white may have been the bone.

Broken bones,not house clumsiness though.

I have mastered the art of tripping but not falling. Another ninja move.
Perhaps its walking every step as if I'm ready to fall over. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom