• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have a Kindle?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
I don't have an actual Kindle but I do have the Kindle app and a load of books on my phone.

Mum's had a Kindle for a few years though, we bought her one for her birthday when she was 60 (Just over 7 years ago).

How about you lot? Do you have a kindle? Have you read anything good lately? The last good one I read was John Cleese's Autobiography, very funny.

Yeah, I've got a Kindle Paperwhite. Which is the £100 or so one. I've been reading about the viking invasion of Britain and anglo-saxons; autism and Tourette's. It's a good excuse to sit outside for a little while during the summer, gets me away from my bedroom and the computer.

I do have a Kindle. However doesn't work. I bought it broken with the intention of fixing it. But haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I have a Kobo reader, which is also an ebook reader. I am currently making my way through (the paper version of) Stephen King's Salem's Lot. It is a good book. I am not very quick at reading, I lose concentration too easily.

I have a Kindle Fire (one of the older ones). I use it about as much for internet surfing or Facebook as for reading books. But I'm a fast reader, so it's good to be able to save a couple of bucks per book when it's something I'll only read once then be done with. Leaves more space on my bookshelves, which are constantly filling up anyway.

I've used the Kindle app on OS X and iOS, but I don't use it anymore.

I can download eBooks from my local library system with their app and it's wonderful!

My cousin on the other hand prefers to use her Kindle for reading eBook over her Laptop, iPad and iPhone.
She says the screen and buttons are better for eBook using.

My cousin on the other hand prefers to use her Kindle for reading eBook over her Laptop, iPad and iPhone.
She says the screen and buttons are better for eBook using.

That was one reason I decided to get a Kindle over a tablet, no glare when outdoors. That and the extended battery life is just great.

That was one reason I decided to get a Kindle over a tablet, no glare when outdoors. That and the extended battery life is just great.
She has both...
She uses the kindle just for reading books due to the subscription service and because it's better to read on.

She loves her iPad and iPhone for most other stuff.
She uses them more than her laptop.

I had one of the first gen Kindles, which began to have random seizures, and now I have an older Fire. Almost wish I'd got a Paperwhite, though, for the battery life and "bookness" of it. I rarely read on the Fire.

No , not interested in them. I'd rather read real books or listen to audio books, both available free from the library.

I have a Kindle Fire. I don't use it much for reading. I surf the web and use apps on it. But perhaps my most useful purpose of it is taking notes in class. I have a Bluetooth keyboard for it. Much more convenient than lugging a laptop around.

New Threads

Top Bottom