• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you feel invisible on Facebook?

Not just facebook, but yes, it can be very hurtful when you post and no one even bothers to press like or something; but thankfully for me it is rare, because I only befriend spiritual sisters ie of my faith and generally it has had to do with my preferred song.

I get this feeling mostly in life; sometimes I feel invisible and that if I disappeared, no one would bother about me. It is just the most awful feeling when you take courage and say something and are ignored!!!!

I take Facebook very easy, to a point that I can actually enjoy it. I used to feel very invisible, ignored by everyone, but it got better now. Or it's my attitude towards it has changed, I don't know.

I just post stuff I like, things I want to share.. people want to like it, good, they don't - good the same. I usually share some music, my Instagram pics, some curious articles. Yeah, interesting scientific links usually get ignored by nearly everyone, but pictures get received pretty well. And I noticed that pics of cats get way more likes than pics of spiders, for example, apparently ancient fears stay very strong in human beings! :D
Humorous posts get ignored often as well. Maybe in my case it has to do with the fact that I post mostly in English, like King_Oni. And I am Russian and I live in Italy. So yeah, this is a limiting factor, for sure. But sometimes I wish people were a little bit more curious about the world, there are so many amazing things!

I used to post some of my reflections and thoughts, too. But I almost don't do that anymore. It felt like nobody gave a damn and all my words were just falling into a black hole and I just thought: what a point then?..

And still, with all its limits, I don't hate it. I mean, yeah, the "friend" concept is really superficial, people post a lot of negative stuff and way too many selfies. I don't mind a good selfie, when I see that there is actually an idea behind, and sometimes they can be really cool. I dislike those that I call "empty" selfies, they're annoying and their authors just get hidden from my news feed, together with all the negativity spreading folks.
Anyway, what I am trying to say is that with all the cons, I found a way to see mostly pros in the whole FB experience. I follow pages about my interests. I stay in touch, somehow, with the people I like but feel to shy to write an actual email or what I could say feels like not important enough for an email, so an easy interaction like a "like" (sorry!) or a comment feels less "scary" and just about right.. There are persons I got to know, from different countries, that I wouldn't have a chance to see otherwise. And there are quite a few really funny pages! ;)

So, I just don't expect FB to be something perfect and evolved, and this helps me not to take it too seriously. It serves its purpose for me, so it's all good. :)

A bit, yeah; it kind of caused a lot of problems and is one of the reasons as to why I'm back here.

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook, as it seems to make me feel like I'm being ignored when I post something and it makes me feel that I'm the source of all the problems with my friends. I'm actually wondering if I should just wipe my account to the bare minimum and keep it like that.

No problems, no stress.

That's exactly the problem. You can't mix together every single person that you know and talk about anything intelligent without it having strange effects. Everything gravitates towards the lowest common denominator, which is sunset photos with inspirational quotes. :)

Actually I think I would like it better if it WAS sunset pictures. (See my avatar) I've blocked some peoples posts from my feed for various lengths of time because:
1) They would post several grotesque selfies everday. (Or post 3 updates on their romantic anniversary dinner. with 2 selfies)
2) Post racist/ bigotted posts on a daily basis.
3) Start arguments for something to do.

I've posted great photos of nature, and trips away, and didnt get a single like. I got a couple dozen likes for a photo of me, going out in makeup and a dress.o_O
People are weird.

New Threads

Top Bottom