• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you eat like parts of vegetables?

I like all vegetables, it is like my favourite food
Except...
Yellow squash
And Brussels sprouts but I am tempted to try them again.
Brussels sprout!! is my absolute top of the list favorite. Love them steamed. Absolutely no butter, spices or anything added. Just steamed. I can never get enough!

I can eat practically any vegetable, but some of them have to be in a combination. For example: I am never going to eat just turnips or just beets by themselves. Bleh. I need them to be with some other veggies and seasoned a little bit, at least. Potato skins are just fine.

A lot of agreement here. I always ate the skin on baked potatoes. I liked French fries with the skin on, too. Fried potato skins are also good.

When I’d use broccoli in stir fries and used up all the stalks, I’d also cut the stem into slices, chop them up, and add them.

I use a vegetable peeler to remove the tough outer surface of broccoli stalks before I chop them up and cook them.

I love sweet potatoes baked with skins.
I love beets, beet stalks and beet leaves.
I never "season" anything. I love the taste of all my veggies, potatoes and everything as is. Adding anything is a negative.
I also love spinach, kale, field greens, bok choy, collard greens, broccoli - stalks and all, etc. All raw or steamed.
Also like mushrooms.

I eat organic only. I have Crohn's Disease and pesticides reek havoc with my microbiome. Very slow process of fixing that, so I am very diligent to keep it good. You can't "wash" pesticides off. It's inside / part of the plant.

Of the vegetables that don't gag me, I eat like parts as well as dissimilar parts. I figure if I eat the whole thing, I should get the max nutrients.

Beets, okra, Brussel sprouts and cabbage gag me.

I don’t really do vegetables but I’d be up for grilled zucchini or squash. They could’ve chosen a better picture for zucchini instead of this as it looks suggestive
IMG_5874.jpeg

With the exception of frozen peas, I buy at my local farmer's market. With the exception of potatoes (which I prefer peeled) , most produce is seasonal. Winter; carrots, apples. Summer; zuccini, snap-peas, oranges, and sometimes sweet Italian peppers.

With the exception of frozen peas, I buy at my local farmer's market. With the exception of potatoes (which I prefer peeled) , most produce is seasonal. Winter; carrots, apples. Summer; zuccini, snap-peas, oranges, and sometimes sweet Italian peppers.
I used to eat very seasonal but my illness and body temperatures changed that.
I used to eat winter vegetables in winter as well as more soups, warmer and heavier meals and warm drinks
And lighter things like salads and cold drinks and summer fruits and vegetables in summer and ice cream.

Beans and rice bond together to form a complete protein in your body. When I was a vegetarian, I lived on beans and rice for protein, and tons of fruits, whole grains, nuts and vegetables for calories and nutrients. There are hundreds of kinds of beans and many kinds of rice (but beware the arsenic and other heavy metals in rice so know the source of your rice) so, in theory, you should never tire of eating the same thing all the time.

I like firm tofu, cut into squares, marinated in barbeque sauce, and pan-seared in a little neutral oil. It tastes like and nearly has the texture of barbequed meat. I add it to rice bowls for meatless dinners.
Yes i find iron and protein difficult and can not eat too many cards.
I like the beans and rice idea, I had that the other day in hospital. I like butter beans.

I like broccoli stalks and potato skins, too. I put the stalks into the cooking pan for several minutes before I add the more tender part of the broccoli so it all cooks at the same time.

The skins is where the flavor and nutrition is located in potatoes. The flesh of potatoes is just starchy carbohydrates. I use a plastic scrubber to scrub the heck out of all potatoes to clean them, and then I eat most of the skin, too. I also don't peel carrots. I just scrub them hard to remove any dirt before I cook them.

I like cooked celery, but don't really care for raw celery. I have a friend who is allergic to celery so I omit it as an ingredient when I cook for him.
I am weary of pesticides and dirt.
But I still enjoy the skins.

New Threads

Top Bottom