• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you do the Aspie Stare?

And I am loving it! I looked into this thread to figure out what the 'aspie stare was 'Ihad guessed a dance of some kind] and started laughing when the comment about the 'replete box was added! I would say that is a very good idea,as a replete box could be replete with information relevent to the forum/thread in which it was placed. A'blank' look? I have had people say that I sometimes have one,usually while thinking.

View attachment 507I'm guessing you mean this? I thought I was smiling.
That Billi, is exactly the look, I have a few photographs of me taken when I was busy reading a book or something,where I have that look. I had a friend ask me a few times when she caught me looking like that, 'Is there anyone in there? to which I replied absolutely,and that 'any body' is thinking. The result was the same kind of look on her face,which I had thought was funny.

I get asked what I'm staring at? I used to be bad at staring at people, I still do sometimes, but I try not to. They really get weird about it. Sometimes when someone is talking to me and I am trying to understand what they are telling me, or I'm trying to figure out how to respond, I will stare at them. I try not to, but I also try to use eye contact when someone speaks to me so they know I am listening. If what they are telling me is like complicated instructions, then my stare will "lock up" while they are speaking. When my boss gives me a verbal list of things to do I take notes, so I don't have to look at him, and I won't stare.

I have done the same in College,I am horrible in 'writen' math,as it's two-dimensional, and end up staring down' the teacher as she is describing mathematical formulae,and I have had other students 'believe that I had a 'problem' with the teacher. As far as my ex boss was concerned,this would irritate the heck out of him,and he would ask me if I were looking at food on his face or something.Just a few examples I have.

I have an Aspie stare. :p
When I try to do a 'normal' expression, it comes out looking weird or creepy.

I HAVE THIS.....not so much anymore, with my antidepressant medications, but before I started taking them, I can remember my mother always saying I never smiled when we took pictures.

I'm getting tired of looking the same in every photo that I'm in, but if I try to smile or change facial expression is usually comes out weird. So I try to stand differently or make a hand gesture of some sort.

Yes I do have this problem. I look very akward in pictures as well because I know I am suppose to smile but don't really like to so it looks very forced.

I try to smile for pictures but I'm sure it looks pretty forced most of the time. I just hate getting my picture taken.

There's a picture of me that was taken when I was in nursery school and I'm doing the "Aspie stare" in it. I can't find any recent pictures with me doing that though. But a few years ago people at school told me I looked like I was stoned because apparently I always looked vague. I wasn't actually stoned though.

Normally people say I'm always smiling.

But if I want to I can do the "Aspie stare". Apparently it looks very fierce, from what I've been told. Hence I don't normally bother to unless necessary.

New Threads

Top Bottom