• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you do the Aspie Stare?

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
How many of you guys/gals do the Aspie Stare when having your photograph taken? Does anyone actually smile?

For those who don't know, the Aspie Stare is basically a blank/default expression on your face.

Myself, I always seem to do it and rarely smile in photographs. I have actually forced myself to smile a few times but the result looked goofy. I've noticed that in photographs of me I nearly always do the same pose/expression.

yup and I'm loving it I never even use my laptop anymore except for photoshop. :D

Awesome, I think I'm still going to stick with my iPod Touch, its not too much of a difference, its basically more like a size of 6 iPod touchs of 4.

I'm happier with it at the moment. :)

I have atouch and iPad lol and the iPod touch seems useless compared to the ipad. a lot say it's Like a big touch but it mega different

I must be given a Valid reason to smile,
someone must make a joke or a funny word
before the foto is snapped.

My dad saw that I just can't fake a smile
so straight before the forosnap he said
"HorsePOOP!" and I busted out laffing
and he snapped it.

If anybody does have any problems in forums, please report it one of us and I will be able to see what I can do about it.
Please lets not fight at the forums.

Thank you.

They call it an Aspie vibe... as one member of my group calls it. Boys seem to have it more than girls. I have one member call "Derek", he mentioned that most of the members of my group except that one and only girl member has that Aspie vibe.

The aspie stare is my default expression. I smile whenever my picture is taken, but it's usually forced and it shows.

I hear black people don't smile in photos.

Another myth about the Black community (well at least in the United States and possibly Canada and Europe).

Just like everybody else, Black people smile in photos. I am not going to post examples, cause my friends will get mad. :p

Anyways, I am not offended, just pointing out the myths. :p

Also, what do you mean by the "Asperger's Stare"?

(I don't like the word Aspie, it sounds like a slur to me. :S Like the word Neurotypical sounds like a slur to me. >_<; )

New Threads

Top Bottom