• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in a supreme being?

• Total voters
"Oh so you think we're just animals."
When people say that to me I reply -
There are only two life forms on this planet - plants & animals. Which group do you fall into?

For the sake of this argument we can ignore some lifeforms that defy taxonomy.

And just for the record - I'm rather happy to be an animal as I have no desire to be a plant.

I believe in Jesus and the big bang. The bible says that God created the world at one day. But the bible also says that for God can be one day 1000 years.

When I tell people I don't think there is any such thing as this god of theirs or a soul or anything like that, they always say something like, "Oh so you think we're just animals...
Weird thing to say, considering that in the Catholic philosophical tradition, we are animals. "Rational animals," as Aristotle said.

As a wolf, I gotta say I don't see what's the big deal.
View attachment 22819 *howls*
:)

It depends on the type of God you have in mind, but I am pretty sure the Judeo-Christian god does not exist. It is, however, entirely possible there may be something else that underlies, and is responsible for, that which we call reality, but which is so far above and beyond our puny ability, as humans, to perceive and comprehend, that we may as well just give up trying to.

Apparently I don't exist either, because a angel who doesn't exist saved my life when I was about 6.
And Big Bang is a Atheist Theory (not real science) made exclusively by friends of Darwin in the 1800s to kill off God it is not compatible with the Bible at all.

Apparently I don't exist either, because a angel who doesn't exist saved my life when I was about 6.
And Big Bang is a Atheist Theory (not real science) made exclusively by friends of Darwin in the 1800s to kill off God it is not compatible with the Bible at all.
Google is your friend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître

I grew up Catholic, so I can tell you you aren't really allowed to be an atheist and a priest

It is, however, entirely possible there may be something else that underlies, and is responsible for, that which we call reality, but which is so far above and beyond our puny ability, as humans, to perceive and comprehend, that we may as well just give up trying to.

This somewhat plays into my belief that this plane of existence serves as a teaching tool and little else. Where cosmically speaking to "have all the answers" would defeat the purpose of both the test and whatever lessons there are to be learned.

Google is your friend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître

I grew up Catholic, so I can tell you you aren't really allowed to be an atheist and a priest

I assume you are being funny, I saw a black and white photo on a PBS documentary a little while ago with the author of Big Bang arm in arm with Charles Darwin:kissingheart:....that pretty much says it all.

And higher education in churches including my own....is riddled with church theologians who have been converted to the dark side by Atheist professors. I know of many who teach theology and Archeology for the churches, and off the record will say the Bible is a book of myths.....this is unacceptable and needs to be dealt with. Unbelievers should not be allowed to teach the sheep. :sheep::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::eek:..........:wolfface:?

It is nice of you to find my post humorous tachyon ,but the sad fact is I was not quoting rumors. My brother took theology and has his Mdiv whatever that is? and his teacher who was teaching ministers for the church actually said in class he thought the Bible was a book of cultural myths.
It is not a good sign when teachers teaching new ministers are banning tape recorders in their classes because they don't want people to hear what they really believe.

Personally I can't even understand why some one would ask for a job like that if they didn't believe, but it happens all the time....it seems Professorships draw in creatures of the night like moths.

I believe there is a God, but not sure what to do about it. A god is anything you believe in, I think. That is how I view it.

It is nice of you to find my post humorous tachyon ,but the sad fact is I was not quoting rumors. My brother took theology and has his Mdiv whatever that is? and his teacher who was teaching ministers for the church actually said in class he thought the Bible was a book of cultural myths.
It is not a good sign when teachers teaching new ministers are banning tape recorders in their classes because they don't want people to hear what they really believe.

Personally I can't even understand why some one would ask for a job like that if they didn't believe, but it happens all the time....it seems Professorships draw in creatures of the night like moths.
I noticed that you found my previous two posts on this thread humorous Maelstrom so I was just being polite and reciprocating :)

I don't believe in GOD as in the Christian/Jewish/Biblical deity but I think there is a higher order to things, I have no clue what that is and I can only speculate but I think pagan/daoist/buddhist/hindu allegories about the universe following a cyclical pattern of destruction and creation are pretty close because they coincide with some contemporary scientific theories about the universe. Long run-on sentence is long! sorry about that!

That last part is so true, and I'm speaking as someone has some experience with seminaries and theology teachers. It confounds the mind.

I believe in God, also believe in and love Jesus as a Prophet and the promised Messiah but not the son of God.

New Threads

Top Bottom