• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you also skip school reunions?

I only gradated high school three years ago but seeing how I didn't really know anyone aside from the teachers, I doubt I would go. It was an alternative school for people who did not have the chance to graduate before the school system kicks them out at 22. I kinda doubt this school will even have reunions.

I’ll always skip mine unless I can go on my own terms and not be held responsible legally for what would occur. I have this fantasy where I attend the reunion in drag and make this huge dramatic entrance similar to the one in Cruella. I’d wear a pixie cut wig, leather bikers jacket, bodysuit, and skirt with spikes all over them, leather thigh boots with stiletto heels, and bright red lips. I’d then tell everyone what I truly think of the high school and throw major shade at the bullies, dump a lot of wine on the main mean girl while I tell her to her face exactly how I feel about her, name drop the kid that sexually assaulted me for months and then kick him hard in the crotch heel first and publicly humiliate him and destroy his public reputation, pick up the photo of the one dead kid that was one of my biggest bullies off the memorial table and throw it on the ground so violently that the glass breaks and I start stomping on it and twisting my heels into his awful face and being sure to rub out the eyes, and flip everyone off as I leave the premises and never attend another reunion and only a few of them ever know what I’m up to and how I’m doing. I would want to make this so over the top and dramatic that no one there would ever forget it and all that they’d ever remember from that night.

I’ll always skip mine unless I can go on my own terms and not be held responsible legally for what would occur. I have this fantasy where I attend the reunion in drag and make this huge dramatic entrance similar to the one in Cruella. I’d wear a pixie cut wig, leather bikers jacket, bodysuit, and skirt with spikes all over them, leather thigh boots with stiletto heels, and bright red lips. I’d then tell everyone what I truly think of the high school and throw major shade at the bullies, dump a lot of wine on the main mean girl while I tell her to her face exactly how I feel about her, name drop the kid that sexually assaulted me for months and then kick him hard in the crotch heel first and publicly humiliate him and destroy his public reputation, pick up the photo of the one dead kid that was one of my biggest bullies off the memorial table and throw it on the ground so violently that the glass breaks and I start stomping on it and twisting my heels into his awful face and being sure to rub out the eyes, and flip everyone off as I leave the premises and never attend another reunion and only a few of them ever know what I’m up to and how I’m doing. I would want to make this so over the top and dramatic that no one there would ever forget it and all that they’d ever remember from that night.

I think you ought to do your next reunion. Set up a 10 minute set in drag. Leave your former classmates awed by your talent and beauty but don't reveal who you are until the end.
Sucess is the best revenge!

I think you ought to do your next reunion. Set up a 10 minute set in drag. Leave your former classmates awed by your talent and beauty but don't reveal who you are until the end.
Sucess is the best revenge!
No. I’d do it only if I ever get onto RuPaul’s Drag Race.

Yes. NEVER seen the point in them. why would i want to re live that trauma? I had very little friendships in high school. NONE of them lasted. I was often used, then tossed aside. So whenever a school dance or event came up, my attitude literally, was "fk em"

The only reason I'd go to a school reunion would be to show all those people that I had "succeeded" and was living well. Most of them did not and are not.

But... I don't want to do that. That is living in the past. That would also be me judging another person's life as being a failure when I have no business doing that. Not that kind of guy.

Forgive and let it go. Move on to better things. Hanging onto the past only traps you inside it.

Grade school and high school were painful for me. Lets see, you had kids who thought it was just so funny to yank a chair out from under me while I was sitting down. Others who would put a padlock on my locker so I had to get a janitor to cut it off. I then put a lock of my own in the latch hole but had the inconvience of having to unlock two locks.on the door twice every day. Some tried getting me in trouble by shoving cigarettes up my locker vents. I was and still am both big and strong, but much too slow and clumsy to catch anyone for a physical retaliation, and they well knew this. So I'd get slapped in the head or tripped and they could usually get away. Once I did catch one of them and well did you ever see the film A Christmas Story? It was like that except I beat the kid to a bloody pulp and then beat that bloody pulp into a bloodier pulp. I was lucky to avoid prosecution, and no one cared about the abuse I'd endured for years.

I have no desire to ever see any of these people again. Why would I? I'd much rather be among those I want to be with, rather than those I was forced to endure for reasons of chance and circumstance.
I have refused to go to any of my reunions. I hated school (still have nightmares about it), and I have no interest in seeing people that treated me so poorly. I don't really see the point of reunions. It just seems like a place for people to gossip and brag about what they have accomplished so far in life. A waste of time and energy.

Reunions? I didn't even attend my graduation.

I wasn't even specially bullied, I just found the place, the people, the whole culture so unbearably obnoxious and, for the lack of a better word, filthy that there was no chance in hell I'd ever want to be associated with any of it once I wasn't forced to.

Grade school and high school were painful for me. Lets see, you had kids who thought it was just so funny to yank a chair out from under me while I was sitting down. Others who would put a padlock on my locker so I had to get a janitor to cut it off. I then put a lock of my own in the latch hole but had the inconvience of having to unlock two locks.on the door twice every day. Some tried getting me in trouble by shoving cigarettes up my locker vents. I was and still am both big and strong, but much too slow and clumsy to catch anyone for a physical retaliation, and they well knew this. So I'd get slapped in the head or tripped and they could usually get away. Once I did catch one of them and well did you ever see the film A Christmas Story? It was like that except I beat the kid to a bloody pulp and then beat that bloody pulp into a bloodier pulp. I was lucky to avoid prosecution, and no one cared about the abuse I'd endured for years.

I have no desire to ever see any of these people again. Why would I? I'd much rather be among those I want to be with, rather than those I was forced to endure for reasons of chance and circumstance.

A Christmas Story is one of my all-time favorites...and I did have to fight my bully. My dad said, "That's the only way you make it in this world...you fight." I unwillingly beat the snot out of that kid, but it didn't stop others from wanting to pick up where he left off. After a while, those people saw that I was no longer backing down and then left me alone. I do not like confrontation, but I no longer had an option ... I was forced to defend myself, because adults were not willing to intervene.

I have no desire to see anyone from my school, as it was a horrible experience...not to mention being a room with a large group of people. No thanks.

I skipped all reunions....and even the high school graduation too!....(despite graduating 4th in GPA.)
I would have loved to skipped graduation but I couldn’t escape and hide as my dad went to it. It’s not like I was an important part anyway as I was nowhere near the top percentage or valedictorian like my sister. No one actually dropped out of my graduating class and I honestly wish that I did so that I could ruin that for the school district’s image. It’s not like anyone would care about me dropping out in that place. The only reason I didn’t was because I had nowhere else to go to live and I was constantly told that I needed a high school diploma to get any job and that I must go to college. I dropped out of college and my life is not any better from graduating high school. I would have dropped out while I was 18 in my junior year and legally I could not be forced to go to school as I’m not breaking any state laws about education.

Never been, wouldn't go, why ?its insanity ,if you never !wanted to be with all of the class year,see! the people you like, somewhere else

I would have loved to skipped graduation but I couldn’t escape and hide as my dad went to it. It’s not like I was an important part anyway as I was nowhere near the top percentage or valedictorian like my sister. No one actually dropped out of my graduating class and I honestly wish that I did so that I could ruin that for the school district’s image. It’s not like anyone would care about me dropping out in that place. The only reason I didn’t was because I had nowhere else to go to live and I was constantly told that I needed a high school diploma to get any job and that I must go to college. I dropped out of college and my life is not any better from graduating high school. I would have dropped out while I was 18 in my junior year and legally I could not be forced to go to school as I’m not breaking any state laws about education.

Makes total sense. I would have moved on too! Time could have been better spent rather than in High School.

New Threads

Top Bottom