• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do most people dislike you?

Meant to say when I was younger around my peers I use to think everyone hated me and I even got some people telling me that they don't like me.

That is why I like to hang out with Christians. I never heard them say they don't like me. They all accepted me. I gotten friendly greetings from couples. I had Girls be friends meet in small life groups. I use to and still think girls see me as weird.

Yeah, most people dislike or hate me. I'm that guy, that could be sitting alone, minding my own business and people seem to have a strong dislike for me. I believe I look angry most of the time. I've seen pictures of myself, dating back to childhood. A lot of them, I look mad.

One time while shopping. I was standing in line waiting to pay. A little girl asked me "why are you I so mad?". I didn't even realize I looked that way. I wasn't mad, just bored while in line, nothing more. I just have that look I guess. Then throw all my syndromes on top of that, I come across as someone deserving of hate, so it seems.

I also dress like a biker, so people will leave me alone. Which works most of the time. I prefer to be left alone, especially where I live, there's some real scum bags around which will attack you if you look weak. I lift weights and workout almost everyday, so I won't look like an easy target. Dressing and looking like this certainly won't help me find my ideal mate.

But anyway, it's not much fun when people seem to dislike you, everywhere you go. So when I retire. I will be moving out into the boonies, far away from everyone if health permits.

I'd say so, since not many people want to hang out with me when I asked in community college. I'm very selective with the people I talk to , so I mainly talk to people online.

If you like, I can hate you. :p
Lol

What I mean is people see me as a prissy perfectionist. One of my friends called me Mary Poppins, then couldn't understand why that upset me.

I didn't NT want to be miss perfect. I want to be seen as human, as a pal.

Edit: just re-read this. Channelling my inner Rupert the Bear there. No one uses the word pal anymore. I do remember it from the Rupert books. I think they were chums too. Lol

Last edited:
Recall recently meeting a friend's mother, who I had never met before. The first thing she asked me is if I had children. When I said no, she said "Your not a woman if you don't have children." I began to laugh quite loudly at the absurdity of the statement. Shook my head as she walked away. I looked at my friend, and said; "So if I was a cow and didn't have calves, I would no longer be a cow?" My friend sighed, and apologised for her mother. But I've noticed that we talk less now.

Too bad you didn't ask what she was before she had kids. I was curious.

Lol

What I mean is people see me as a prissy perfectionist. One of my friends called me Mary Poppins, then couldn't understand why that upset me.

I didn't NT want to be miss perfect. I want to be seen as human, as a pal.

Edit: just re-read this. Channelling my inner Rupert the Bear there. No one uses the word pal anymore. I do remember it from the Rupert books. I think they were chums too. Lol

"Pal" is very Amerikan to me. ;)
So is "buddy",

Cheers, "mate". :p

I was trying to say that because l didn't grow up here or live here a long time in my current city, l may only run into someone every 3 years. So that cuts down accidental encounters. But l hope to continue reading your posts and l am glad you joined Jonn.

I do a lot of joking. Ask Ezra.
I was joking when I said I will ignore, hence the ":p". ;)

I often wear both a physical mask and wrap-around sunglasses when in public, because of the CV. For a while my message was "Go away, NTs!" lol
Heh. I've taken to writing obscenities on my masks, or things like "Stop bleeping staring". The obscenities discourage my job from making me deal with customers. None of them seem dissuaded from staring, though.

I'm not a good judge of whether or not people like me, unless they're obvious about it. More than once I've thought I was in someone's good books only to find out the hard way they hated me the entire time. The ones who can handle me when I'm being my natural self are keepers, and we tend to gravitate toward one another. The rest either come to terms with how I am and we learn to get along, or they weed themselves out.

As with many of us, I think I actually piss people off simply because I don’t interact with them in a normal way. If you’re “quiet,” as they describe it, they become suspicious of you and frustrated and see you as “out there.” You’re an enigma, and people don’t like mystery.

As with many of us, I think I actually piss people off simply because I don’t interact with them in a normal way. If you’re “quiet,” as they describe it, they become suspicious of you and frustrated and see you as “out there.” You’re an enigma, and people don’t like mystery.
People usually just kept their distance, more often than not, with me.
And I was always on the outside looking in.

I agree with Ylva above in that it's not something I recall having spent much time worrying about in the last couple of decades. I've noticed how people react to me, but it's not something I can claim to have lost sleep over. Most of the time I'm just trying to get through my day without running on empty by noon or earlier. Stressing about how people feel about me is really extraneous to accomplishing that. Plus, it would be an extremely bad idea for me to invest energy into trying to change people's feelings about me, even if I cared. My energy is a finite resource. I'm already overextended as a neurodiverse person in a neurotypical world.

I'm not friendly, I don't care nearly enough, but I'm polite – which is a whopping lot more than I can say about many of the people I have to deal with on a daily basis. There's nothing people can objectively complain about in dealing with me. So I don't make friends wherever I go (nor do I care to), but I don't usually run into social interaction problems either. What people think about me, if they even think about me, is their problem.

I agree with Ylva above in that it's not something I recall having spent much time worrying about in the last couple of decades. I've noticed how people react to me, but it's not something I can claim to have lost sleep over. Most of the time I'm just trying to get through my day without running on empty by noon or earlier. Stressing about how people feel about me is really extraneous to accomplishing that. Plus, it would be an extremely bad idea for me to invest energy into trying to change people's feelings about me, even if I cared. My energy is a finite resource. I'm already overextended as a neurodiverse person in a neurotypical world.

I'm not friendly, I don't care nearly enough, but I'm polite – which is a whopping lot more than I can say about many of the people I have to deal with on a daily basis. There's nothing people can objectively complain about in dealing with me. So I don't make friends wherever I go (nor do I care to), but I don't usually run into social interaction problems either. What people think about me, if they even think about me, is their problem.
<Jonn strikes HappyHermit off his Christmas card list> :D

I agree. For the most part, I’m so over what people think about me. I just noted recently that so very many “normal” people seem to dislike me. For the most part I’m not disturbed by it. It’s just funny how people harp on about “individuality” and how “weird” they all think they are...but then if you actually are weird, people can’t handle it. It’s quite something, to think about.

I feel like most people just don’t really get me. They don’t know enough about me to like or dislike me. I know that I’m often perceived as aloof or shy. I’m neither, I’m just generally reserved. Being perceived as weird doesn’t bother me because I don’t have many standard interests and I don’t care for socializing for the sake of socializing, so that does deviate from the norm.

Most people are indifferent towards me. I'm viewed as nice.

I don't like that. I'm a strong willed, cantankerous soul, but I present quite good manners and I'm quiet, so few people see the real me.
This is me... People generally think I'm a nice guy but that's where it usually ends. I have a really hard time ever becoming more than a friendly acquaintance or coworker. I put up a wall and let very few people through.

I've had people avoid me because they thought I look angry all the time as well. I'm not angry, though...I just don't like smiling unless there's something to smile about.

I've had people avoid me because they thought I look angry all the time as well. I'm not angry, though...I just don't like smiling unless there's something to smile about.
When I am thinking, I have been told I look angry.
I think all the time.
Need I say more? ;)

People like me, except over sexual assault issues of which I have been a victim of repeatedly and when I try to explain or get stuck on how I feel like these things have destroyed my adult life, people often hate me over this

As with other things that have dominated my adult life, there is just one single issue, and it’s always exactly the same issue

But my gender and sexual orientation are wrong, so people don’t believe me or torment me for being a victim who was accused and diagnosed for being the wrong gender and sexual orientation because my realities were just not convenient.

One issue, always exactly the same issue. This issue not there=people like me, this issue there=people ganging up from every direction and hating my guts or at least me accusing me of endless things and being tried and convicted of being guilty of absurd assumptions others have as a result of my realities being inconvenient to others beliefs, or at least finding creative ways to find me guilty of something or hating me for my real life traumas being contrary o the dominant power the masses are forced to agree with.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom