• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do many people use the chat room?

Gift2humanity

V.I.P Member
Hello when I go in the chat room there never seems to be anybody there. I am from the UK and it is 10:30 at night as I write this post.
I know this forum has people from all over the world. I would like to ask a difficult question. What’s the best time to find people in the chat room? Thank you

I do when I am online! I have it on in the background and while I have the sound on so I can hear when people send something I might be a bit delayed in replying but I am often on when I am on the forum.

I've migrated from using the chat room, but you can shoot me a PM anytime. I'm usually just lurking about.

I do use the chat room sometimes and have seen other people there. I don’t know about the best time but it seems to be busier on weekends, at least in my experience.

I do when I am online! I have it on in the background and while I have the sound on so I can hear when people send something I might be a bit delayed in replying but I am often on when I am on the forum.
how do you switch the chatroom sounds on so I know somebody is in? Tanks for your reply.

how do you switch the chatroom sounds on so I know somebody is in? Tanks for your reply.
On the top bar of the that there are dropdown menus for settings. Click on it and you will be able to check or uncheck boxes to alert you or turn off alerts for different types of messages.

Perhaps once in a while we can arrange for a chat hour? We do have folks from all over, but a Saturday morning in North America would be Saturday evening in Europe and so cover many of our members.

Perhaps once in a while we can arrange for a chat hour? We do have folks from all over, but a Saturday morning in North America would be Saturday evening in Europe and so cover many of our members.
I would be up for that sounds like a good idea. Maybe what do you think about starting a chat hour thread, it might get lost here, evening would be good for me.

I use chat rooms and personal messaging extensively for one on one conversations. However I never just drop in to a chat room for a random discussion. I like to schedule appointments.

I use links to determine the time difference between different countries. Then those get adjusted for day light savings time. Most of my friends and I chat privately through out the day. This is done on messenger systems more than in chat rooms.

As a retired person I have a lot of flexibility. If some one wants to chat with me all they need to do is pick a day and time which is convenient for them. Most of the time I can accommodate their schedule.

I have done psychic work on a forum's chat room. That is kind of rare however. You need privacy for that. I am not aware if this forum has chat rooms which allow reserving a room for that kind of activity. I see the chat room as a great way to get to know someone better.

Group chatting is nice. It is a fun social thing to do. In a group like this it should not be to hard to schedule some thing like that.

John

Thanks for this message.
I'm not keen on the real-time aspect, especially a group, but I realise that real time talking is a part of life.
One to one chats are fine.
Some chat rooms have a private message facility, I don't know about the room on here, but if not, there is lots of private instant messenger chat software.

Some chat rooms have a private message facility, I don't know about the room on here, but if not, there is lots of private instant messenger chat software.

I made a quick visit to the chat room here about 30 min ago. They do not have those private rooms based on my observations. Yesterday there were several who visited the chat room however not at the same time.

We could just have a Discord for this site, tbh. Discord is pretty easy to set up and use. I have my own server and it's not hard to moderate.

Just in case anybody would prefer Discord over this site, we could make membership to this site optional, so somebody can decide if they want to be on here, Discord, or both.

BTW, you can put slow modes on channels to ease moderation on servers with lots quite a few members.

Hello when I go in the chat room there never seems to be anybody there. I am from the UK and it is 10:30 at night as I write this post.
I know this forum has people from all over the world. I would like to ask a difficult question. What’s the best time to find people in the chat room? Thank you
It seems like a lot of people here are from North America.

I made a quick visit to the chat room here about 30 min ago. They do not have those private rooms based on my observations. Yesterday there were several who visited the chat room however not at the same time.

The Private Chat is available, but a person has to
make the effort to obtain one. Meaning, decide
who to talk to privately and then select & initiate
"Private Conversation" with that person.

The Private Chat is available, but a person has to
make the effort to obtain one. Meaning, decide
who to talk to privately and then select & initiate
"Private Conversation" with that person.
I just use the conversation feature for this sure in order to talk to somebody privately.

New Threads

Top Bottom