• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Disney Rant

Riley

Skip ahead in this article until you see the picture of Mother Gothel and Bernadette Peters's witch. Then you'll know what I'm talking about:
I'd like to say a few things. I don't know how accurate they are, nor do I know anything about Tangled's production. But I can safely say everything they've said about Tangled is bullplop.

• Tangled does explore a complicated mother/daughter relationship. An abusive one. Mother Gothel represents an emotionally abusive, narcissist parent. And to rather chilling effect.
  • Uh... Tangled isn't a "homage" to some Broadway musical from the 1980s. It, like so many movies before it under Disney's belt, is based off a story that existed since you were waddling ye high. And speaking of adaptations...
  • Mother Gothel isn't the only villainess to go from "mere side character" to "Big Bad" in their Disney adaptation. Anyone recall...I dunno...Ursula?!
  • I'm pretty sure Disney can tackle serious subjects. We've all seen the proof.
  • May I remind you that Disney is the very same company that adapted two Shakespearean plays beautifully with all-animal casts?!

Last edited by a moderator:
the-office-no-gif-22.gif

Is that gif for me or the article? Because I'm scared I came off as "fanboy"-ish. Like I do when I bash...Ya know, I'll leave that out.

Good. Like...REALLY!

Just...It's not as horribly offensive as the infamous "James Eagan Holmes is a Batman & Robin fan" article, but it's just as infuriating.

There's a fairly popular conspiracy theory about Disney stating that they are an evil organisation that are secretly trying to use mind control on children. There's also apparently a freemason's lodge underneath Disney World in Florida called Club 33 which adds to various conspiracy theories and sometimes conspiracy theorists even start associating Disney with the Illuminati. There are lots of apparent subliminal messages in Disney movies and cartoons including some sexual ones, it is a fact that the cover of The Little Mermaid had to be changed due to complaints (look it up if you wish to know more) and this further fuelled such conspiracy theories. Another conspiracy is Disney teen idols apparently purposely grow up and then go off the edge, this is allegedly so that children get hooked on their idol and follow them as they grow up, thinking they're amazing, but then are confused and often follow their idol into a destructive future. Apparently Walt Disney was an evil freemason who was part of the Illuminati and he was nothing like the pleasant man portrayed on film, some accusations even go on about kidnapping, perversions and even human sacrifice. This is a short summary of just some of the anti-Disney conspiracy theories, need I go on?

I would post some media including videos that apparently prove the subliminal messages, but they might not be deemed as suitable here, so just visit Youtube and search for things like "Disney evil" or "Disney Freemason" if you wish to know more, but please keep your head together and don't automatically believe everything you're told online. I did NOT say I believe all this, I am only reporting some of the accusations. I do however believe that there's a lot of people looking for any evidence to condemn Disney in order to help back up some of these claims and you will find more than your fair share of anti-Disney articles all over the web.

Last edited:
Yeah. I've heard all of 'em. I just chalk up the "idols going bananas" thing to unfortunate luck.

Skip ahead in this article until you see the picture of Mother Gothel and Bernadette Peters's witch. Then you'll know what I'm talking about:
I'd like to say a few things. I don't know how accurate they are, nor do I know anything about Tangled's production. But I can safely say everything they've said about Tangled is bullplop.

• Tangled does explore a complicated mother/daughter relationship. An abusive one. Mother Gothel represents an emotionally abusive, narcissist parent. And to rather chilling effect.
  • Uh...Dinguses? Tangled isn't a "homage" to some Broadway musical from the 1980s. It, like so many movies before it under Disney's belt, is based off a story that existed since you chumps were waddling ye high. And speaking of adaptations...
  • Mother Gothel isn't the only villainess to go from "mere side character" to "Big Bad" in their Disney adaptation. Anyone recall...I dunno...Ursula?!
  • I'm pretty sure Disney can tackle serious subjects. We've all seen the proof.
  • May I remind you yahoos that Disney is the very same company that adapted two Shakespearean plays beautifully with all-animal casts?!
One thing try not calling people chumps or Yahoo!'s its Bad manners you might not think it's offensive but other people do

...One: I'm passionate. When I'm passionate, I use insults.

Two: Racial slurs as offensive. Slurs of other kinds are offensive. Calling someone an idiot is mean, yes, but not offensive.

New Threads

Top Bottom