• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

DISC analysis

zurb

Eschewer of Obfuscation
It's fun to do it once in a while, but I'm not a great fan of Myers-Briggs, mainly because there are so many options. I can never remember what I am and what all the letters stand for. I certainly can't use it as a day to day tool.
Disc analysis however, is a simple concept that gets me guessing where people fit all the time. Because its based on a simple xy graph of direct/indirect, task/people I find it highly memorable, and easy to use.
I've done the test a number of times in different contexts and I always come out as a classic 'C'.
Where do you fit?
If you have never done it before, there is a brief test (a bit too short!) at: Free DISC Test | DISC Personality Testing
And a slightly longer one here: DISC personality test - take this free DISC types test online at 123test.com

Last edited:
Short: Cautious/Supportive. Critical thinking, careful, committed to quality, helpful. Reserved.
Long: 37% Compliance, 37% Dominance, 20% Steadiness, 7% Influence. "You act in an assertive, diplomatic way and strive for a stable, ordered life. You are goal oriented but tend to avoid risk taking. You handle pressure well - you push yourself and expect others to do the same."

Heh, I got tickled at all the anti-social questions I kept gravitating to. "When somebody calls, do you... 'Care less about talking to who called me'."

I'd say that fits me fairly well. As I was recently reminded, I'm good to have on hand during a problem. Not so good to have on hand if put in a leadership position and I'm too tired to be diplomatic. I don't tolerate laziness well.

I don't find Myers-Briggs especially useful; it's too loose for me. I do like "Big 5" -- Extraversion, Openness, Neuroticism, Conscientiousness, and Agreeableness seem to include everything. The book Personality: What Makes you the way you are covers all these. I was unsurprised by the results--after all, a test like this isn't really going to tell me anything I don't already know--but the way it's packaged is helpful. The discussion connects how imbalances affect how a mind perceives the world for both stable and unstable people. The connections among a low Extraversion score and a high Conscientiousness score correlate well to typical aspie behaviors. I'm still thinking about Agreeableness. Extreme sensitivity to sensory issues influence a low score, but hypersensitive empathy influences a high score. Can we be both prickly and compassionate at the same time? I don't see why not. :)

Just done DISC yet again for my new job. It seems popular here. This time the report was more comprehensive, and divides into twelve categories. I got CS which means my dot on the chart was at the 7 o'clock position.
Apparently, only the the business owners are Ds, and the rest of us are mostly Cs. This is going to be interesting. Could be a fun place to work.
I'd really like to know where other Aspies fit. I suspect most of us will be similar, but I could be wrong.

Compliance 42%
Steadiness 36%
Dominance 20%
Influence 2%

You are conscientious, diligent and pay attention to detail. You constantly strive for accuracy and high standards.
You have an inner drive to be systematic and precise in all that you do.
You are a natural choice for work that requires attention to detail and accuracy.

Just done DISC yet again for my new job. It seems popular here. This time the report was more comprehensive, and divides into twelve categories. I got CS which means my dot on the chart was at the 7 o'clock position.
Apparently, only the the business owners are Ds, and the rest of us are mostly Cs. This is going to be interesting. Could be a fun place to work.
I'd really like to know where other Aspies fit. I suspect most of us will be similar, but I could be wrong.

We did it for my work 20 years ago. Out of 30+ people, the only ones who ended up in the lower left quadrant were me, and an electrical engineer who I am very sure is aspie. Both ours were at about 7:30, coordinates (-2,-2) I believe.

New Threads

Top Bottom