• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Digging for stories

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
That's what I try to do with my photography wherever I end up

Classic car cruise night tonight, and a rather interesting 1975 Pontiac Firebird, kind of a rat rod look to it, and it had Colorado plates on it! This is Alberta...

Later in the evening the owner ended up back at the car, it turned out to be a young lady who owns, not that ladies aren't allowed into the classic car world, it's just not seen all that often... Megan is a 22 year old artist, living in Calgary for the summer as a visitor to Canada, but yes, from Colorado... She purchased the Firebird eight years at a scrapyard for $200, as a running, driving, "slightly" rusty car... She has now used it as a daily driver for six years, and lots of highway driving, including up to Canada...

More about the car? It is quite ratty but still holding together, but I could tell that she is an artist as there is lots of evidence about that all over the car

Plus she was there with her rescue dog, and had a few tales to tell... I did ask to take a couple of photos of her with the car, as there was a story I was seeing... Not entirely happy with the results, but it was a rather difficult night for photography (no clouds and very bright sun)

Megan 01.jpg

Megan 02.jpg

Part 2 (last night)

At a singer-songwriter circle, the host was a guy I know fairly well through the local music community, at the very end of the evening he announced a special song saying that his dad had passed away two weeks ago (at age 96), Bob requested that people in the cafe join him in singing "Let The Circle be Unbroken", it was an amazing moment of solidarity, I took some cell phone video (and I rarely make a video), hopefully everyone can see the link...

Another story element to my week? In a different way, and I haven't gone to this songwriters circle since May...

New Threads

Top Bottom