• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Different MO for Neurodiversity Acceptance

laurag9g9g9

qigungkat
If the neurotypicals were shown a graph of their talents, strengths and weaknesses... wouldn't they be distracted whie reassessing their lives? That way, we get busy getting strong and coming out? We could market the quiz profitable for social and business ladder climbing.

I tend to not sort my world by neurological differences,but more in line with the way I am treated by others.
I was one who spent most of their lifetime not knowing exactly how different I was,so it was never an issue to me that some thought of me as odd or quirky.

Being on the autism spectrum does not grant each of us a passport to perfect reasoning or intelligence or any of the many stereotypes that are put out there.Not everyone who is neurotypical is viewed as without flaws either,they have their own set of unique challenges they face or choose not to with some that can actually rise above their peers. The hardest part of a reprogramming of a society is going to be change from what they as a whole consider normal. When you have a majority that rules,it will always stay that way until something drastic forces the change,which is not likely to happen based on hidden psychological differences from a minority.

I tend to not sort my world by neurological differences,but more in line with the way I am treated by others.
I was one who spent most of their lifetime not knowing exactly how different I was,so it was never an issue to me that some thought of me as odd or quirky.

Being on the autism spectrum does not grant each of us a passport to perfect reasoning or intelligence or any of the many stereotypes that are put out there.Not everyone who is neurotypical is viewed as without flaws either,they have their own set of unique challenges they face or choose not to with some that can actually rise above their peers. The hardest part of a reprogramming of a society is going to be change from what they as a whole consider normal. When you have a majority that rules,it will always stay that way until something drastic forces the change,which is not likely to happen based on hidden psychological differences from a minority.
Good point. Your right on all counts. I wish I could help change things. I've been told I wear the original rose colored glasses. I heard there are hate groups out there... I just don't get it. I can't even use the word hate. I didn't like typing it just now. [emoji31] I didn't intend to generalize anyone in any way.

Self-help books always made me laugh because they involved at least one other person to get to the intended destination which is far from how it is supposed to work :D

If you published a guide for others and they didn't feel it was necessary,that is a fine example of actual self help that may hinder sales of a product at the same time ;)

I'm not sure I would be too happy if another told me I was doing it all wrong either :p

New Threads

Top Bottom