• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Did you ever have dreams your ASD was gone.

What about switching minds as you see all the time in fiction? If you switch with an NT does that mean the NT has ASD and you who switched with the NT does not?

I think I'd say yes to that question, assuming I understand it correctly.

I have dreams in which it matters to varying degrees, and some where I’m more severely autistic than I actually am, but I don’t ever think I’ve had one where I’m not autistic or my ASD disappears. I would guess it’s because even my subconscious mind can’t fathom what that might be like.

What does any of that mean?

It's a reference to "Young Frankenstein". Frankenstein asks his assistant to get a regular brain from a morgue. The assistant grabs one labeled "Abnormal", thinking Frankenstein will never know the difference. Or legit thinks it was an actual woman by the name of Abby Normal. (been forever since I saw the movie) When the creature starts acting weird, Frankenstein asks him who's brain he got. The assistant tells him, "Abby Normal".

It was really cool you shared your dreams. It's possible you felt like it would feel to not have autism for a few moments, sure. Not provable, so why not enjoy the thought!

Imagine if the machine in your dream worked like a 'translator'. People go in, each gets to feel like the other feels. The father and son in your dream might walk out just as happy if that happened. Without anyone having to be changed.

I haven't had dreams of my Autism being gone, probably because I don't want it gone. Especially since the photosensitivity and heightened hearing from it has its advantages. I can't even imagine what me being NT would be like, dreaming or not.

I don't focus on the idea of having autism or not.
I do focus on trying to improve my life so that I can gather the skills necessary to work my own way in social circles. Once people know or "know" you, they are generally not open to changes themselves and assume you will always be the same way. Thankfully, there are many people all over the world and you never know how things will turn out. People do have to move occasionally for all kinds of reasons.

No, but I've had dreams where other things and people were gone, which was sometimes satisfying.

So are these dreams telling me that my ASD is a disappointment and I would like to get rid of it. I know my life would be easier without it. Although I do have friends from Church I have much trouble socializing in groups, so I wish to be normal but it will never happen.

If you can think clearly and socialize in your dreams, you can do so in real life. If your reduced ability to think clearly and socialize was genetic, you wouldn't be able to think clearly or socialize in your dreams. Social difficulties are often caused by anxiety. Have faith, believe in yourself, and think positively and your anxiety will go away.

If you can think clearly and socialize in your dreams, you can do so in real life. If your reduced ability to think clearly and socialize was genetic, you wouldn't be able to think clearly or socialize in your dreams. Social difficulties are often caused by anxiety. Have faith, believe in yourself, and think positively and your anxiety will go away.
I wish it were that simple, though.

New Threads

Top Bottom