• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Did you ever have dreams your ASD was gone.

Tony Ramirez

Single. True friend's.
V.I.P Member
I had two of them.

I remember my first dream where I had a magic notepad that anything I wrote down came true. I wanted a 65" Samsung TV. I wrote it down and it magically appeared. I then wrote more things down and got all of them. I then took a chance and wrote down to get rid of my Asperger's then all of a sudden a light hit me. The first thing was my enhanced hearing was gone. Then my mind cleared up and I though much more clearly. I don't remember much of the dream but then I woke up back with what I have.

The second dream happened last night I went to some event where they said you can walk into this machine and it would remove Autism. First some kid who had serious autism walked into the machine after he was healed, talked and hugged his dad. I then went into the machine and my Asperger's was gone. Again thinking clearly and enhanced hearing was gone. I then found another machine that removed my extra weight and improved my appearance a bit. I then was able to socialize. I went up to a girl I don't know, and she shuns me off saying I have a boyfriend. I then looked at someone else to talk to after finding another girl competing her with the book she was reading. After we talked about the book saying I did not read it yet, but we were having a normal conversation and exchanged numbers. I then woke up again with what I have saying that is impossible and could never do that.

So are these dreams telling me that my ASD is a disappointment and I would like to get rid of it. I know my life would be easier without it. Although I do have friends from Church I have much trouble socializing in groups, so I wish to be normal but it will never happen.

I dream it because I really don't want to be Autistic but I do accept that it will never change and I have to live in this alien world.

Also, I am autistic in my dreams until something happens that makes me normal.

Dreams... do they tell us anything we don't know about ourselves? I think not.

Opps.. I never answered your main question, no not sure I know what NT's feel like

Last edited:
Although I did talk to girls I know *note the word I know already from meeting in groups. Even exchanging texts so I did do that.

I'm different in my dreams.

I'm always finding myself in worlds that look like this one.

But it's never right.

Its messed up. If I'm not running from something I'm running towards something and it's trying to get away from me. All that crap you hear about your teeth falling out and growing extra fingers isn't true. It's a dream, you can do whatever the [blep] you want.

...I just wish sometimes they were real, so that when I think "then a diamond shaped UFO comes down and saves me from whatever the hell this is supposed to be", it actually happens.

But nope.

I'm here. Still getting screamed at for not heating a bowl of Hamburger helper" an extra four seconds.

I can't ever recall experiencing a dream that wasn't indicative of who and what I am in a neurological sense.

Sounds like the dream is reminding you You CAN do this. And I do think that if you think more about the other side of this issue, you might realise that you have plenty to offer. Girls aren't all confident, some really appreciate being spoken to and listened to, especially. Think about what you can offer, says your dream, and offer it!

As I said I did do it to talk to girls I do know. One was from a course I was taking, and we exchanged texts, but she talked to me first as I meet her at the life group (8). Sadly was shut down due to the pandemic. But we caught up one day at a group gathering.

After which another one from the life group that she talked to me first (8) and I meet at the park in July, and we sometimes talk on the phone as she moved back with her parents until the pandemic is over.

Last edited:
I am autistic. It's part of who & what I am; in my dreams I'm likely to be uncovering a huge stack of old 78rpm records or riding horses or doing things like that.

Autism is not as big a problem for me. When things are going badly it is usually the clash between autism & the outside world--or more precisely, the neurotypical/sociotypical world. I have the capacity to manage both, thank God, but I cannot do it perfectly or with complete consistency.

I don't want to get rid of being autistic; I want to get rid of being rude to people, and be able to understand people and they understand me.

Yep, sounds like wish fulfillment. But it also doesn't sound like autism was removed. Certain characteristics of it were removed, the ones you'd like to have removed. But to "remove" autism would involve a brain transplant.

Yep, sounds like wish fulfillment. But it also doesn't sound like autism was removed. Certain characteristics of it were removed, the ones you'd like to have removed. But to "remove" autism would involve a brain transplant.
Abby?
Abby who? Abby normal?

What does any of that mean?
Your post reminded me of a funny scene in Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein, where they put an abnormal brain into the creature because Igor mistakes "ABNORMAL" for "Abby's brain." The idea of rooting out existence by a brain swap makes me laugh--so impossible, incongruous. We are who we were made to be.

What about switching minds as you see all the time in fiction? If you switch with an NT does that mean the NT has ASD and you who switched with the NT does not?

No the same as@uberscout running to or running from but I'm much more like PTSD so parts of my dream appear the next day when I'm less unconscious I don't I sleep I think become unconscious

Interesting dream. I have "known" that I was "autistic" from a very early age. I have never had a dream that I wasn't. I also do not join groups or spend much time around people who are not. The closest to being in a non-autistic group is work... and many at work are "on the spectrum" (software engineers). I would imagine if I tried to fit the square peg that is me in the round hole that is NT culture... I would have these dreams.

MMN, Autism does not exist in the way most people think. It is what I would consider a functional difference that was/is important to humanity in general. It is not a disorder just because people who do not think like us are bigoted and ignorant of this difference. We have a hard time not because we are broken... but because people are afraid of differences and treat people who are different poorly. I have had dreams about these people getting their comeuppances!

New Threads

Top Bottom