• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Desperately need advice.

Denis Huber

Hello, I live in the Atlanta area and I need some advice in how to land full-time work. Are there any companies owned by people with Asperger's who would hire someone like me or are there ones who readily accept individuals with Asperger's. My past experience is in the graphic design/data entry field. Perhaps someone knows a group of local Aspies that I can meet and discuss the situation.

It's nothing specific to your exact needs, but I was encouraged to see that even the Wall Street Journal was willing to publish a story about how some employers consider autism to be an advantage in specific instances. I can tell you that when I worked in Silicon Valley as a webmaster/lead designer I had the impression of being surrounded by Aspies at times.

Here's the video:

Small Business Smarts - MSN Money

Hello, I live in the Atlanta area and I need some advice in how to land full-time work. Are there any companies owned by people with Asperger's who would hire someone like me or are there ones who readily accept individuals with Asperger's. My past experience is in the graphic design/data entry field. Perhaps someone knows a group of local Aspies that I can meet and discuss the situation.

I find that if I share my condition my chances of employment will sink, because most people do not understand. I think as an Aspie we would loose out on a lot of opportunities if we shared our condition.

Look up ASAN, Autistic Self-Advocacy Network. They might get reputable leads, and you can even look for a chapter or consider starting your own if that's up your alley. They are a reputable organization that understands and is represented by autistics alike.

You might want to contact your local librarian and take a visit there to research this. Good luck!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom