• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Describe how you are feeling right now with a song.

This is how I felt today after working on the truck, Putting up with brother in law #2's racist redneck mouth and finding out the Dr. put 2019 on my ritalin prescription so I have to go back to San Antonio (150 mile round trip) Wednesday to get one with a 2020 date on it.

I can relate in my own ways. Sorry you had a rough one too and have to go back to the stupid doc.

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
in a world that keeps on pushin' me around
but I'll stand my ground, and I won't back down

On Johnnie Cash's arrangement of this song, he was joined by Tom Petty on guitar and vocals.

Tom Petty co-wrote this with Jeff Lynne of ELO fame.
When Tom Petty recorded it, he was joined by Lynne on bass and backing vocals and George Harrison on acoustic guitar and backing vocals.
Mike Campbell of The Heartbreakers played the slide guitar.
Howie Epstein, also from the Heartbreakers, joined in on backup vocals.
Phil Jones of Crabby Appleton fame handled studio drums.
When the video was made, none other than Ringo Starr was seated at the drum set.

There were some big names, some of which are no longer with us involved in this entire project.

Now how cool is all of that? :cool:

@Major Tom
That song instantly made me think of Metallica lyrics Fade to Black.
Both good lyrics when your life has been turned upside down.
Looking for the way to set it right again.

@Major Tom
That song instantly made me think of Metallica lyrics Fade to Black.
Both good lyrics when your life has been turned upside down.
Looking for the way to set it right again.

My life has definitely been turned upside down as of recent days. I've been very busy and my routine has been disrupted big-time. I'm doing the best I can though and music helps me through the hardest times.

This song has always had a special place in my heart.
I got to hear Alison perform her tribute to Glen Campbell live last summer.
It gave me chills.

While I'm on a roll with Johnnie Cash cover songs, I'd also like to offer this Sheryl Crow song that speaks volumes to me:

Redemption Day

I've wept for those who suffer long
But how I weep for those who've gone
Into rooms of grief and questioned wrong
But keep on killing
It's in the soul to feel such things
But weak to watch without speaking
Oh what mercy sadness brings
If God be willing
There is a train that's heading straight
To Heaven's gate, to Heaven's gate
And on the way, child and man
And woman wait, watch and wait
For redemption day
Fire rages in the streets
And swallows everything it meets
It's just an image often seen
On television
Come leaders, come ye men of great
Let us hear you pontificate
Your many virtues laid to waste
And we aren't listening
For redemption day
What do you have for us today
Throw us a bone but save the plate
On why you waited 'til so late
Was there no oil to excavate?
No riches in trade for the fate
Of every person who died in hate
Throw us a bone, you men of great
For redemption day
It's buried in the countryside
It's hidden in the shells of night
It's everywhere a baby cries
Freedom
Freedom
Freedom
Freedom
Freedom

After having to deal with way too many humans today!
P.S. Turn up the bass on this one.

Last edited:
Dimebag Darrel has been on my mind lately. I've been researching his life and death, but there is surprisingly little info. He was assassinated on the anniversary of John Lenon's assassination while playing onstage with his brother and his band called Damage Control, by an ex-marine with schizophrena.

And now something completely different a short poem off the top of my head.

Life has never been easy, Nobody said it would be.
Sometimes we want to give up but push on through in our own way.
Yet through all life's hardships and all its dismay,
I love to wake in the morning and give death the finger every day.

Last edited:
Dimebag Darrel has been on my mind lately. I've been researching his life and death, but there is surprisingly little info. He was assassinated on the anniversary of John Lenon's assassination while playing onstage with his brother and his band called Damage Control, by an ex-marine with schizophrena.
I was in the area working at the time. It was said on the radio at the time the assassin blamed him for Pantara's breakup.

I was in the area working at the time. It was said on the radio at the time the assassin blamed him for Pantara's breakup.

That was one of the first rumors flying around, but they found some documentation written by the assassin that said that Dimebag stole some songs from his head or something along those lines. He was clearly delusional, he also took out 3 other people with Dime and wounded 3 others. Pretty sad story.

New Threads

Top Bottom