• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Debbie does Queensland.

pax

Sending thoughts and well wishes to all those doing it tough, literally in the eye of the storm or waiting for it to hit. Stay safe.:eek:

thankyou tree!
how awful,i hope the animals and people are safe there,the page you linked to said deaths were expected.
i think thats the price people have to pay for living in such beautiful or unique type places, we never get those kind of storms here in the UK,the most we suffer is mild tremors from earth quakes or tornadoes that never land.

thankyou tree!
how awful,i hope the animals and people are safe there,the page you linked to said deaths were expected.
i think thats the price people have to pay for living in such beautiful or unique type places, we never get those kind of storms here in the UK,the most we suffer is mild tremors from earth quakes or tornadoes that never land.

O, I went through a pretty bad North Sea storm in Holland when I was a lot younger. It was very windy, but I figured, hey this is the North Sea, it's known for it. We got off our tour bus to look around, and realised after a while, as we watched a brick wall sucked down a laneway by the venturi effect, that, umm no this isn't typical. After piling back on the bus and counting heads, we drove off as a piece of sheet metal flew over the top of us.:eek:

Debbie, however has winds 260km/hr, which is about twice as strong as any storm I've been through.

Looking at the news this morning there is a lot of trees down and flooding, but only a few deaths reported - that may rise. Thankfully building standards have improved and newer structures are made to withstand it. A lot of problems in the time to come will be due to loss of power, water and sanitation.

Hope people were somewhat ready for such a thing. And have made provisions for what may have happened. Although you can never be totally prepared for such a thing. Don't know if anyone but @Full Steam lives in Queensland. But I hope he and his family are all right.

Just looked at full steam's profile card and he logged in at 7.39 am this morning. I hope he is OK

We have some rain so far, and I'm heading closer into the storm for a long weekend away this weekend.

First holiday in a long time, and my usual epic timing.

We get big storms, but we are SE Queensland, so we don't get the brunt of the cyclones, thankfully, just get very wet.

One place got 1metre of rain in 36 hours!

Hope everyone stays safe, and no driving through flood water.

All schools in south-east Queensland closed as ex-Cyclone Debbie moves in

Maybe I spoke too soon.

All schools are closed, and government buildings will be by lunch time.

Destructive winds and rain due this afternoon for Brisbane and Gold Coast, with the possibility of tornadoes as Debbie meets a tropical low!

Also major river flooding over a wide area!

Rainfall in excess of 200m - our pool is over flowing already.

Brisbane storm chasers;
"
It's very rare when you have ingredients come into play like what is set to unfold over the next 48 hours or more over parts of QLD and in particular SE QLD when the potent remnants of Ex Tropical Cyclone Debbie collide with a Cold Front sweeping through southern Australia.

The effect this is likely to have will be to uniquely cause Ex Tropical Cyclone Debbie to re-strengthen in a sense.. but what will happen, is that what was originally a warm centred tropical cyclone will be replaced with a cold centre and it will likely spin up into an intense East Coast Low right off Brisbane or somewhere between the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane."

Crikey!

Hang tight! There's a severe weather warning for damaging winds , high seas and flash flooding from Bundaberg to Sydney. Debbie aint done with us yet.

Bull shark becomes unlikely victim of Cyclone Debbie

Edit to add link. The word "Sharknado" springs to mind. Bull sharks are known to swim up creeks and estuaries; but you don't generally find them in the middle of the road.

Last edited:
Ironically this happens only a month after bushfires were burning all over the eastern side of the country. The town I'm in is 500km from the coast and we're getting hit by the biggest flood in the last 50 years, plus non-stop storms the last few days.

Lots of rain and rivers flooding.

We are fine, but lots of evacuations still going on nearby.

Weirdly the weather I typical SE Queensland today, bright and sunny. Seems strange after yesterday.

New Threads

Top Bottom