• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

De-Stress 25 ways!

Good list, but CBD oil had a 'paradoxical' effect on me. Made me irritable and hyper. I'd add

Cuddle with a cat (or dog)
Comedy (any source)
(And of course) Running!

I find the process of cooking a gourmet meal just for myself works as a way to kill a lot of the stress I live with. Making my own curry from scratch and serving it to myself with visual flair, and then cleaning the kitchen and doing the dishes when everything is finished..... That is a great self-treat.

Here's mine:

1. Stay in bed
2. Stay in bed
3. Stay in bed
4. Stay in bed
5. Stay in bed
6. Stay in bed
7. Stay in bed
8. Stay in bed
9. Stay in bed
10. Get out of bed

Good list, but CBD oil had a 'paradoxical' effect on me. Made me irritable and hyper. I'd add

Cuddle with a cat (or dog)
Comedy (any source)
(And of course) Running!

I luv to run. It helped thru my divorce which was a extremely hard time.

After a long work day, two more to go prior to a two day weekend (wow!), I need to look through my photos to find some night photography images for a club competition that I probably won't win... :rolleyes:

One possible candidate, but I don't think I'll use it, WW2 Lancaster engine run at night, but too much documentary style to be effective... Anyone could take this photo, not enough creativity in it...

Digi_01B(7262).jpg

My ultimate way to de-stress, although I only road trip a few times a year, usually out to the prairies, despite living so close to the mountains of Banff as well... One brief photo essay...

That's good and will build muscle; but you need to switch it up on the other days and do something gentle and aerobic, such as swimming or walking. The point of the latter exercise is to improve sleep, not build muscle. You might also add yoga. There are loads of free videos on YouTube that you could follow along with.

You were right about walking before going to bed. Last night I slept 5 hrs without waking, for the first time in about 10 years. But it took more than just walking. I slept with a 12 pound weighted blanket, a sleep mask to block out light, 1 mg time released melatonin, and Citalopram antidepressant. It took all of these things for me to sleep, but walking definitely helped.

I find the process of cooking a gourmet meal just for myself works as a way to kill a lot of the stress I live with. Making my own curry from scratch and serving it to myself with visual flair, and then cleaning the kitchen and doing the dishes when everything is finished..... That is a great self-treat.
Oh, yes, and so healthy for you. *applause*

You were right about walking before going to bed. Last night I slept 5 hrs without waking, for the first time in about 10 years. But it took more than just walking. I slept with a 12 pound weighted blanket, a sleep mask to block out light, 1 mg time released melatonin, and Citalopram antidepressant. It took all of these things for me to sleep, but walking definitely helped.
Good! I'm glad to hear that. :)

There are things I know would be helpful when I'm stressed or depressed - like listening to Grand Funk Railroad always ALWAYS puts me in a happy mood. But I never use it or anything else I know would help. Well, GFR would energize me and sometimes there is just nothing to do and it would probably be frustrating. I guess, in reality, quiet is more relaxing to me and I have a LOT of quiet time each day. I think music was a go to when I lived with others and it was maybe a way to tune them out. Hmmmm.
Anyway, what helps most now - with anything - is re-organizing. I've spent the past week (and not finished yet) getting rid of stuff, re-organizing everything, hauling stuff to either the trash or Goodwill and it feels really good and I just don't want to stop. I dread when I run out of things to do here. Of course, my daughter has given me permission to come to her house and do the same. lol

I believe that 1, 9, 13, 14, and especially 23 will INCREASE my stress. I prefer to decrease my stress by drawing cartoons, playing simulation games, and watching interesting videos on YouTube. And cats.:smileycat:

Now I need to really de-stress, I got a layoff notice at work today immediately from the time of my meeting with my manager... Eek! I'll do a separate thread on that perhaps... I do get two months severance pay... There is one last day tomorrow until the cold snap hits hard, and I plan to go for a drive in the country, just to clear my head... A brief moment of de-stressing :eek:

New Threads

Top Bottom