• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

De-Stress 25 ways!

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
1. Exercise
2. Take a nap
3. Make a to-do list
4. Talk to a friend
5. Watch your fav show
6. Read your fav childhood book
7. Volunteer
8. Meditate
9. Go to Church
10. Make a gratitude list
11. Listen to your fav album
12.Go for a walk
13.Stretch or do yoga
14.Talk to therapist
15.Watch a comedy special
16.Cut back on coffee
17.Drink a glass of water
18.Log off social media
19.Avoid the news
20.Take shower or bath
21.Get a massage
22.Write a journal entry
23.Get acupuncture.
24.List 3 things you did well today
25.Take CBD oil

What did you do today that made you feel 100% improved? Animal and baby pic's encouraged.

Not on your list, but I paid someone to take my husband (who has early stage dementia) for a walk while I just enjoyed two hours of "respite" time. I may have napped briefly.

Not on your list, but I paid someone to take my husband (who has early stage dementia) for a walk while I just enjoyed two hours of "respite" time. I may have napped briefly.

This is really add to this list /post. We get so wrapped up in our heads that l want to remind us about relaxing....

I put on my onsie pajama, that spells de-stressing taking place.

3, 7, 8, 16 (cut back on coffee:eek:) No way! 19 & 23 I don't do any of those, but I do most of the others. I'm still not calm, and acupuncture did nothing for me except make me feel weird and sleepy. So maybe it worked a little:)

Last edited:
I'm stressed right now... I just worked way too much in the last four weeks, and am very tired! Still three work days until my first two day weekend in that stretch... The end is near for the big rush, but now we're going to be walloped by a long cold snap... I do know to expect things like this (winter in Canada :rolleyes:)

I'll look at the list tomorrow night after work, I am trying to think more positive about such things but still find it hard...

That's a really good list! I probably do most of those occasionally or often. For me it's about distracting myself from busy thoughts or ruminations, lots of the list options work well for that.

Going to the library is a good one for me, there's 2 that have a good walk to get to, then books to consider, and computers to use if I want to be out of the house, plus I can do other stuff while I m out if I want. Or not. There's little or no social engagement required, yet I feel that I am in a social environment. Cafés work well for that, too.

Circular walks from home that have the option of some shops are also pleasantly mood changing. Or a bus ride to some walks I enjoy by the river or in lanes around and in the park. In the season, gardening.

I took a nap and now I’m reading a book I loved as a teen. I might go for another nap. Maybe bake a cake this afternoon.
I just feel a little guilty because I’m supposed to be working from home today and I’m just not feeling it.

1. Exercise
2. Take a nap
3. Make a to-do list
4. Talk to a friend
5. Watch your fav show
6. Read your fav childhood book
7. Volunteer
8. Meditate
9. Go to Church
10. Make a gratitude list
11. Listen to your fav album
12.Go for a walk
13.Stretch or do yoga
14.Talk to therapist
15.Watch a comedy special
16.Cut back on coffee
17.Drink a glass of water
18.Log off social media
19.Avoid the news
20.Take shower or bath
21.Get a massage
22.Write a journal entry
23.Get acupuncture.
24.List 3 things you did well today
25.Take CBD oil

What did you do today that made you feel 100% improved? Animal and baby pic's encouraged.

A few of these are sources of stress for me, e.g. volunteering. Also, attending church can be stressful if you volunteer and accept too much responsibility.

I am interested in CBD oil, but possession or use of even hemp oil is illegal where I am. To de-stress recently I have tried:

1. Going to bed by 10 PM.
2. Eliminating caffeine use.
3. Using a weighted blanket.
4. Purchasing a new and better CPAP mask.
5. Using a padded sleep mask with CPAP to block out all light.
7. Using time released melatonin (1 mg)
8. Resigning from volunteer activities.
9. Changing doctors.

This far none of these things has been effective in alleviating my insomnia.

I’ve been blessed by my little cat buddy having a nap on top of me, so now I must stay in bed until she moves.

A few of these are sources of stress for me, e.g. volunteering. Also, attending church can be stressful if you volunteer and accept too much responsibility.

I am interested in CBD oil, but possession or use of even hemp oil is illegal where I am. To de-stress recently I have tried:

1. Going to bed by 10 PM.
2. Eliminating caffeine use.
3. Using a weighted blanket.
4. Purchasing a new and better CPAP mask.
5. Using a padded sleep mask with CPAP to block out all light.
7. Using time released melatonin (1 mg)
8. Resigning from volunteer activities.
9. Changing doctors.

This far none of these things has been effective in alleviating my insomnia.
Add exercise.

I was already exercising. I lift weights after work three nights per week.
That's good and will build muscle; but you need to switch it up on the other days and do something gentle and aerobic, such as swimming or walking. The point of the latter exercise is to improve sleep, not build muscle. You might also add yoga. There are loads of free videos on YouTube that you could follow along with.

That's good and will build muscle; but you need to switch it up on the other days and do something gentle and aerobic, such as swimming or walking. The point of the latter exercise is to improve sleep, not build muscle. You might also add yoga. There are loads of free videos on YouTube that you could follow along with.

I will discuss with one of the trainers at the fitness center I go to. Also I have an appointment with a behavioral counselor next week, so will discuss with her also.

New Threads

Top Bottom