• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Daydreams

Geordie

Geordie
What's your dream you make in the day?

For me, it'd be simply:

- Having a Aspies Central meet-up, face-to-face, in first London (for Europe), and then Toronto (for North America)
- Having a Aspies Central T-shirt, that we can all order from the Net
- Making our website an NGO

Lol... that's a big daydream that may not come true because of its audacity, but who knows?

I often have this thing I think about where I've isolated myself into a traditional, commune-like community/village with only nice people I like, and a large group of Aspies. Either the rest of society is gone, or we're cut off from it (it varies) but it's a nice apocalyptic type thought, without all the despair and horror. It's something that's stuck with me since I was little and changed, on and off, througout the years.

Now I'm thinking a cabin in the woods (either a huge one or a series of them), like in The Edukators.

I suppose the reasoning is obvious why I would even construct said thought, and of course it's not serious.
Maybe it's weird, but it's nice. It's difficult to explain, I suppose.

I often have this thing I think about where I've isolated myself into a traditional, commune-like community/village with only nice people I like, and a large group of Aspies. Either the rest of society is gone, or we're cut off from it (it varies) but it's a nice apocalyptic type thought, without all the despair and horror. It's something that's stuck with me since I was little and changed, on and off, througout the years.

Now I'm thinking a cabin in the woods (either a huge one or a series of them), like in The Edukators.

I suppose the reasoning is obvious why I would even construct said thought, and of course it's not serious.
Maybe it's weird, but it's nice. It's difficult to explain, I suppose.

Not weird. Nice!

Either leftovers of worlds from back in my younger days, or assorted fantasies. Random and bizarre doesn't even begin to describe anything when it comes to dreams, but I tend to daydream about the same things pretty often.

Going to Australia Zoo, meeting Steve Irwin(when he was still with us) and having him teach me at Croc school!:D

Being so rich that I can hire an accountant, a lawyer and a travelling psychiatry-trained doctor to work with me on some international autism organisation. We'll all bring out the potentials of all Auties and Aspies in the world. Lol

Waking up on a beautiful day, getting in my car with a full tank, and driving west until I feel like stopping. No work, no phone, just me and the windows down. This daydream also works on my motorcycle.

- Having a Aspies Central meet-up, face-to-face, in first London (for Europe), and then Toronto (for North America)

I agree with this, I am looking forward to meeting more people like me. But my dream extends further, creating an Aspie Village where we can all have jobs related to our interests. No one would need to have jobs they hated. With all the Aspie's we could gather, I'm sure there would be enough for every position required in the village.

Cooks, Farmers, Construction workers, Engineers, Computer engineers, Doll experts, and experimental physicists of course! and whatever else we need..

There actually IS an entire village in England where 'odd' people live. The entire place is run by these people. Some are more severely impaired (schizophrenics, Bi-polar) & others are Aspies, people with Down's Syndrome etc. They live work & do everything else there. It isn't entirely inconceivable considering our growing numbers, the expertise in the community & our increasingly vocal advocacy.

I daydream of such places existing too. I'd bet that under such Aspie friendly conditions, so many of us who are being stuffed with anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds, sleeping pills etc., would see sharp reductions in medication usage. I don't think Anxiety or anything else is 'co-morbid' to being an Aspie: it's having to pound our square selves into the round hole of mainstream NT cultures (many of us every day from when we open our eyes until we close them to sleep) that causes these problems: NOT Asperger's.

This is similar to what happens to many Blacks (& other minorities) living, studying & working in environments where they're isolated, experience subtle & not so subtle forms of racism, exclusion & discrimination. They experience increased rates of depression, anxiety, stress-related ailments, decreased life expectancy, anger related problems & social isolation. Can anyone say that these devastating conditions are intrinsically co-morbid with melanin production? Ridiculous!

Observe how well we get along here! We don't always agree, we come from all over the place, have different levels of education & affluence BUT we don't really give a $%^& and we don't impress easily with frills & external trappings. THAT is a major cultural difference between Aspies & NTs (again, not ALL & EVERY but certainly a vast majority). Nobody worries about so-called 'race', whether or not a fellow Aspie is tall or short or fat or young or old. Loomis p ut it well:

1. Thou shalt not judge thy fellow Aspie
2. Thou shalt support, encourage & assist thy fellow Aspie

Do you dress funny? Got weird hair? Walk in a strange way? Are a picky eater? Are you passionate about batteries, or carabiners, or tse tse flies? Good for you! Your community supports your passion (& WON'T label you as an obsessive compulsive!) Flap your hands or rock when frustrated or annoyed or tired? We understand the language & won't label you as NUTS.

The more I read about cutting edge research into Asperger's & others on the spectrum, the more I believe that we are not disordered but a different BUT not pathological Neurotype. We are sort of like fish yanked for the sea flopping about on dry land: the fish is FINE: the problem is the lack of water & the exposure to air: aka the environment.

For those who saw Tales From The Darkside The movie I dreamed about Lover's vow.
In the dream I am the guy that married Cassala the gargoyle and had a fun day with the kids.
The difference being I already know her true form and she never hides it from me.:playfull: gargoyle (2).jpggargoyle.jpgTales-From-The-Darkside-TV-1984-movie-props.jpg

My dream is that one day I will awaken to find my dreams are in fact reality!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom