• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

dating sites

I'm surprised that I've never heard of it.

I doubt I'll be signing up, but I'm curious: How many profiles are on there?

I am not sure how many profiles are on there but yes I was surprised when I came across the site on a search engine. I do believe there are alot of members on that site, I would have thought at least more than what Aspie Affection has. But it is a shame that on Autistic Personals it is not free to send winks, messages and much more to other members if you don't upgrade your membership with them. I am only on the free profile in which I can't message or send winks to other members if they message me. I also can't see the full profiles of other members on that site since I am only have the free basic profile with them. I am only going to consider upgrading my membership with them if I find a suitable match on it. But so far they seem to be the best ASD dating website I have found.

Hello,

Nor did I until I signed up with them, but so far they seem to be the best ASD dating website I have found so far. Many have not heard of them before because on the site the Administrators and Modifiers said that they are quite new and were promoting heavily. The site does not say how many members are on it but I do believe that there are at least more than 6,000 members on it because the site is being heavily promoted which means that word of that site will soon get around the world.

I keep getting spam e-mail from those two Aspie dating sites I signed up for when I first read this thread. :p

I didn't like either site. Eh.

Well I heard that those on the spectrum aren't allowed to date because of the vulnerable adult status so I gave up trying...I'll have to get used to being single I guess.

Well I heard that those on the spectrum aren't allowed to date because of the vulnerable adult status so I gave up trying...I'll have to get used to being single I guess.

Whut?

No seriously... do explain, since this is a first.

I read this article which questioned whether a vulnerable adult's consent would be valid. This means that potentially the non-aspie partner could be in quite a difficult position where the law goes.

Last edited:
I think the definition of "vulnerable adult" would be really vague to start with. There's probably a lot of things one could mention in terms of being unfit for a "vulnerable adult" before we even start touching relationships and/or dating.

How about; finances? Living (on your own)? Employment? I don't see those things being taken away because we're supposedly vulnerable either.

What if they're both aspies? Does ones vulnerable position make it less troublesome? Afterall, you can't hold either of em accountable then.

It does vary on how "severe" you suffer from any disorders as such though. If you're unable to take care of yourself in any way (ie. not even being able to make yourself some food or dress yourself), then yes, your impairment is rather severe and dating... and might I even mention in a later stadium maybe even procreating, would be a troublesome issue.

I met my boyfriend on okcupid. I don't mind that site because it really does help you find people who are share interests. We have only been together for a month, but things are going really well and he's been amazingly supportive and helpful and even researches how to help me....on his own! No suggesting, even! Then again, I had met some...er, different...guys on there and dated a few very briefly. I've kissed my fair share of frogs, but I'm hoping, and really do believe, that maybe I've finally found my prince! :)

I don't care much for dating sites. There may be good ones out there, but the ones I've used didn't appeal to me at all as they seemed to cater mostly to people who wanted to get laid and not form meaningful relationships. Forget one night stands; give me perpetual stable relationships!

pretty much summed up my experience lol.

I met my husband on World of Warcraft. And no we weren't actually looking for a relationship. We started chatting and the chatting turned into a relationship and finally into marriage. I don't think the guild I joined and met my husband through were impressed though because I took their best tank and kind of made him quit. Ironically I almost gave up world of warcraft about three months before hand. But I kept playing for the small amount of social interaction I got.

We were not able to meet until about 6 months after we started dating which I think helped because we fell in love over the internet. We didn't have a sexual relationship straight up. But that was ok because we had instant chemistry in that area. We got to know each other without sex being in the way.

As for online dating sites ... I would never go there again. I think I would rather be alone forever if I ever broke up with my husband than go on a dating site again. Most people were creepy. It was going on a dating site that lead me to know my ex was cheating on me as well after stumbling on his profile. Its too easy now with dating sites for people to abuse relationships. But if you have a good man (or woman) then that shouldn't be an issue.

sick and tired of being unnoticed on online dating sites

What are you doing to get peoples attention then? Let's face it, if you say "nothing in particular", it's a silly statement to make to start with.

How long do you wait until you conclude "I'm staying unnoticed"? A week, a day, 5 months? And like I said before, what do you do about it? Nothing and weep?

New Threads

Top Bottom