• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dan L. Edmunds, Ed.D.

Hi & Welcome,

So who are you Dan? What kind of doctor? Are you on the spectrum yourself? What do you come here looking for?

DrDanLEdmunds welcome! Pleased to meet you. Please feel free to share more about yourself and your interests. I hope you feel comfortable and enjoy yourself here on AC. :)

Reread. I already answered your questions.

I think Tom was hoping for elaboration.
The statement "I am Dr. Dan L. Edmunds. Self advocate and also support clients in the spectrum,"
is quite bare-bones.

Although it may explain everything about Dr. Dan L. Edmunds to Dr. Dan L. Edmunds, other
people don't know him nearly as well as DrDanLEdmunds does, so they are likely to ask for
a little more. That's how posting in threads works.

Personally I find direct questions make me rather anxious, almost as if I want to flee. I need time to form a response, and often that might be an hour, or a day or two. It makes me think the other person is interrogating me, much like the police or my mother in law. So for me its about background and personal experience, which is different for everyone. There is the idea too, that when a person directly questions you, they are in a sense controlling you, as they wait for a response.

Oh tree it took me a few minutes here, I get what you're saying. You might be right.

Last edited:
I cannot win. If I say too much that will be more so called self promoting. If I say too little that will be criticized. I just will leave and remember never to do this again or share my work and experiences with those I do not know very well.

It would be nice if you stayed, Dr. Edmunds. I'm sure that you could become a valuable part of our forum. You're welcome here.

As we do on occasion have people who troll the forum we tend toward being a little wary at times. It's just caution, not unfriendliness.

We are just a forum of Aspies and friends and family members of Aspies. Medical professionals, student researchers, salespersons, etc periodically join. It is best if people are clear in such cases what their purpose for joining is. Sometimes they may need to get permission from the Admin to do certain things. Its not often a problem, as long as they are frank about their interest in doing so.

Your intro might tell you something. It tells me very little, hence the questions. But I am just a member, not a Mod or anything so feel free to ignore me.

New Threads

Top Bottom