• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dakota Fanning is a Star Trek fan on a mission in Please Stand By exclusive trailer

Butterfly88

Jello Queen
V.I.P Member
In Please Stand By, Dakota Fanning (War of the Worlds, The Twilight Saga) plays a young woman with autism who runs away from her caregiver in order to boldly go and deliver her 500-page Star Trek script to a writing competition in Hollywood. Will she live long and prosper? You can find out on Jan. 26, when the film is released in theaters, on demand, on Amazon Video, and on iTunes.

Please Stand By is written by Michael Golamco (NBC’s Grimm) and directed by Ben Lewin (The Favour, The Watch, and the Very Big Fish, the John Hawkes-starring The Sessions). The film costars Toni Collette, Alice Eve, and Jessica Rothe from the recent hit horror film Happy Death Day, with a special guest appearance by Patton Oswalt.

Dakota Fanning is a 'Star Trek' Fan On a Mission in 'Please Stand By' Trailer

There is a trailer if you click the link.
_______

I think it looks interesting. The theater by me better have this as part of their sensory friendly movie series, they would be stupid not to.

Very Interesting! Nice to see an established actress take on the challenge of portraying someone with ASD. Can't tell from the trailer if she succeeds or not. If something happens to the dog however I'll freak out.

Well, just as long as her character can't "think" people into intense pain. :p

Then again if they start handing out Triskelion "collars" I bet she'd be game. :eek:

Last edited:
Hmm, it might be worth looking up :)

I know that Star Trek Discovery's back on Netflix on the 7th of January as well, I temporarily cancelled my Netflix account last week till it comes back.

Looks awesome, thank you! That’s a ‘fangirl’ and she is in a ‘fandom’ (for all you grown ups that might not know) like my daughter. They both have the same aversion to hairbrushes...:D

Last edited:
I just remembered, she's supposed to be in the cast of "The Alienist" coming out late January on TNT.

A circa 1896 crime drama set in NYC.

I enjoyed watching Dakota Fanning as an actress since I was a kid. I think this new film Please Stand By will be both eccentric and fun. It seems like she’ll be playing a likable autistic character.

New Threads

Top Bottom