• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cruelty Never Sleeps

Gerald Wilgus

V.I.P Member
This news Item presents behavior by adults that disgusts me. I was brought to tears reading how a brave child, her own person, who has a wonderful and healthy sense of herself, was denigrated and marginalized. Interesting how we are expected to fit in with such degenerate people.

I am so tired of such easy cruelty in our world instead of joyously embracing that young girl for being true to herself. And I think she looked so fashionable that she should feel at home at her prom.

Mum hits out at 'cruel' parents who laughed at girl for wearing a suit to prom

This must be a very backward town that she's from, because I grew up in the 80s and 90s and no one would have cared about a girl who wore a suit to a dance. They would have thought it cute.

She's just a little girl wearing a fun outfit to a school dance. Who would actually care, especially as an adult?

She's just a little girl wearing a fun outfit to a school dance. Who would actually care, especially as an adult?
Exactly! That they would deliberately denigrate any child is beyond me. It seems that they have a very bizarre notion of acceptable and fun behavior such that I cannot fathom their cruelty.

Omg. I dressed my daughter in dresses but by about 2, she wanted pants and cowboy boots and a cowboy hat, just like Toy Story character. Hey , no problem for me. She had a racetrack of electrical cars to race, cause who wouldn't want a racetrack. I didn't groom my daughter for marriage either. REI in AZ had a free indoor mountain to climb, and so started her passion of rock climbing.

Last edited:
Sorry that is upsetting. The world’s often a nasty piece of work.

But. There are lots of us out here supporting youngsters.

Love wins.

Omg. I dressed my daughter in dresses but by about 2, she wanted pants and cowboy boots and a cowboy hat, just like Toy Story character. Hey , no problem for me. She had a racetrack of electrical cars to race, cause who wouldn't want a racetrack. I didn't groom my daughter for marriage either. REI in AZ had a free indoor mountain to climb, and so started her passion of rock climbing.
Your daughter is fortunate. I remember one unfortunate incident on my first day of kindergarten. I got to the classroom and saw in one area what I took as a nice model of a house. I was fascinated and went to check it out. The teacher hustled me away from it, acting sternly. Later she had a talk with my mom, with me present, that I am not to play with girl toys. I was so confused.

You should've seen how my family acted like this years ago, I only found out that I could wear boys clothes recently instead of having to wear a dress in formal settings since they didn't let me know that women could be transgender. I've heard my dad said in the past before men shouldn't wear girls clothes too when in a normal conversation with my mom before I told them. They just always wanted a female child and are still struggling with the idea that I'm not entirely their vision of me.

So this doesn't surprise me at all, but it is really unfair. My parents let their 'daughter' think she was slowly going insane for years without knowing what gender dysphoria was and they still don't think they did anything wrong.

The kids that are bullies, often learn this from their parents. The parents lead the way in their example.

Doesn't surprise me at all either. I witnessed this when I was in grade school.
Sitting in at a candy store counter... Many mom's with kids.
One mom took aim at me. I was in first grade. "Oh this is (DogsSpirit) who draws, that you told me about. She isn't so special, look at her (pointing out something about my appearance)." Then her lovely child decided to focus on that for the next 6 years.

These parents are horrid. People should have to pass mental health screening before reproducing.

Anything can have children. Few can parent. Yes, rather cruel world out there.

There are reasons for this behavior a big one being that we are all tribal. We belong to groups or tribes "like us". This is something that originates in our primitive brain and served for thousands of years as a means of support and protection for memeber of each tribe. We are wired to see anyone who is different from "us" as "other" and a potential threat even if we don't consciously feel threatened. Associating with people not "like us" can offset that protective drive.
The other thing is about power. We all want it. It seems to be another inborn drive we have. Those who do not feel they have power try to take it and often times this results in bullying. Gaining power over those they consider weaker than they are. Bullies don't challenge the "powerful" because they don't have enough power to take their place but those considered lesser in some way are fair game. Bullies are more powerful than their victims. It is a pecking order. Promoting self empowerment for those that bully can sometimes be effective by finding healthy ways for them to meet their need for power other than by bullying.
When we can understand why people behave the way they do then we have a better chance of acting to undo any damage they cause by that behavior rather than reacting emotionally and being helpless in the face of it.
You can't cure a disease by only treating the symptoms. Intolerance and bullying are symptoms.

New Threads

Top Bottom