• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cooking pictures!

It's been 34C here for five days, humidity at 80%. Dinner was corn on the cob and a cold pasta salad with asparagus, green onion, garlic, carrot, and celery.

Not my picture and without the tomatoes.
828e3b2b47251d5acf89c0d374e0bb63.jpg

Surprised I was actually able to cook anything, but I made everything ahead of time.

Last edited:
It's been 34C here for five days, humidity at 80%. Dinner was corn on the cob and a cold pasta salad with asparagus, green onion, garlic, carrot, and celery.

Not my picture and without the tomatoes.
828e3b2b47251d5acf89c0d374e0bb63.jpg

Surprised I was actually able to cook anything, but I made everything ahead of time.

That pasta salad looks scrumptious, Mia! What a perfect thing to have as part of a summer meal. Thank you for posting the pic. What sort of spices, dressing or seasoning did you put on the salad?

When we're busy during the week and nobody has planned much for dinner, I just take a look in the fridge and rustle up something, also known as "frying up the thrash" :p

Made dirty rice for tonight

4R1AnKd.jpg

Excellent. I like the bowl too. In addition to the scallions and red bits (peppers? ) are the darker things wood ear mushrooms?

What sort of spices, dressing or seasoning did you put on the salad?

Fresh dill, sea salt, pepper, sumac, fresh thyme, cilantro and an olive oil vinagrette. On top of mesclun lettuce from my garden.

That looks and sounds delicious, Mia, and hat's off for cooking in hot and humid weather - everything above 25C (77F) is uncomfortable for me and above 30C (86F) is officially a heat-wave and I refuse to cook :D

Magna: chillies, garlic, scallions, finely grated carrots and shiitake mushrooms that were starting to get a bit dry and rehydrated perfectly in a bit of chicken stock. It's farmers' market day today so yay!

Since I'm still pretty stressed and agitated and the kids are visiting with their grandparents (allowed here), I want to spend a big chunk of the weekend making barbecue sauce, sourdough bread and dinner, so see you later guys :)

^ Happy cooking brother bender. :)

I’ve got a fruit cake in the oven: if I’m satisfied with the result I’ll post a photo and the recipe somewhere or other ;)

When we're busy during the week and nobody has planned much for dinner, I just take a look in the fridge and rustle up something, also known as "frying up the thrash" :p

Made dirty rice for tonight

4R1AnKd.jpg

It looks good to me! I occasionally make "cream of week soup", using whatever stuff I can find in the fridge. Hubby won't touch it but I like it.

IMG-0231-Copy.jpg

Supper tonight:

Blanched julienned turnips, thinly sliced raw onion, toasted sliced almonds, well steamed turnip stalks (I hate to waste anything I grow myself).

In the other bowl, brown rice, a drizzle of shoyu and a hard boiled egg.

Dressing: Toasted sesame oil, shoyu, teaspoon of sugar, rice vinegar, minced fresh ginger, minced pickled garlic, hot pepper flakes and a few dashes of high quality fish oil.

It was all very good!

Fruits of my gardening labor: Turnip Kimchi. I just assembled it tonight so it won't be ready for a bit. If you haven't guessed already, I feel like I'm about to turn into a turnip I have so many from the garden. I had to get creative to keep using them.

I also have the food dehydrator going now to dehydrate some dill and some shredded zucchini that I'll store until this winter to use for zucchini bread.

IMG-0232-Copy.jpg

Magna: I've been planning for a while now to make kimchi but didn't quite get around yet. Everything you make looks great, have you been cooking since you were a kid or is it a more recent interest?

Karamazov: how did the cake come up?

Barbecue sauce simmering:

aL6oh1X.jpg

An Italian friend is sending me a box of local stuff once in a while (I do the same) and this time I had a fresh truffle and girasoli that needed using and made bruschetta to go with it as an entree:

Qyl4l6u.jpg

5hrBUGc.jpg

And, of course, my lovely assistant for the day:

nLxRhmS.jpg

^ Your cat is beautiful :)
And you food looks both beautiful and delicious :yum:

My cake has turned out lovely, thank you: I experimented with a type of sugar I’ve never used for a fruit cake before, and a different spice mix to normal: I’ve used the blog facility to post both the recipe and a photograph :D

Thank you, he rules the house - obviously.

Ah, cool, still getting my bearings here and didn't know about the blogs: I've just seen it and it looks great and you can't go wrong with that awesome mix of spices :)

New Threads

Top Bottom