1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cooking pictures!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Magna, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

It's been 34C here for five days, humidity at 80%. Dinner was corn on the cob and a cold pasta salad with asparagus, green onion, garlic, carrot, and celery.

Not my picture and without the tomatoes.
    [​IMG]
    Surprised I was actually able to cook anything, but I made everything ahead of time.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Magna

Magna Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

That pasta salad looks scrumptious, Mia! What a perfect thing to have as part of a summer meal. Thank you for posting the pic. What sort of spices, dressing or seasoning did you put on the salad?

3. Magna

Excellent. I like the bowl too. In addition to the scallions and red bits (peppers? ) are the darker things wood ear mushrooms?

4. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Fresh dill, sea salt, pepper, sumac, fresh thyme, cilantro and an olive oil vinagrette. On top of mesclun lettuce from my garden.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Magna

Perfection.

6. BenderRodriguez

BenderRodriguez Well-Known Member

That looks and sounds delicious, Mia, and hat's off for cooking in hot and humid weather - everything above 25C (77F) is uncomfortable for me and above 30C (86F) is officially a heat-wave and I refuse to cook :D

Magna: chillies, garlic, scallions, finely grated carrots and shiitake mushrooms that were starting to get a bit dry and rehydrated perfectly in a bit of chicken stock. It's farmers' market day today so yay!

• Like Like x 2
  7. BenderRodriguez

Since I'm still pretty stressed and agitated and the kids are visiting with their grandparents (allowed here), I want to spend a big chunk of the weekend making barbecue sauce, sourdough bread and dinner, so see you later guys :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Karamazov

Karamazov Well-Known Member

^ Happy cooking brother bender. :)

I’ve got a fruit cake in the oven: if I’m satisfied with the result I’ll post a photo and the recipe somewhere or other ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mary Terry

Mary Terry Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

It looks good to me! I occasionally make "cream of week soup", using whatever stuff I can find in the fridge. Hubby won't touch it but I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Magna

[​IMG]

Supper tonight:

Blanched julienned turnips, thinly sliced raw onion, toasted sliced almonds, well steamed turnip stalks (I hate to waste anything I grow myself).

In the other bowl, brown rice, a drizzle of shoyu and a hard boiled egg.

Dressing: Toasted sesame oil, shoyu, teaspoon of sugar, rice vinegar, minced fresh ginger, minced pickled garlic, hot pepper flakes and a few dashes of high quality fish oil.

It was all very good!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Ella Spell

Ella Spell Something

Still waiting on my invite. ^

12. Magna

Fruits of my gardening labor: Turnip Kimchi. I just assembled it tonight so it won't be ready for a bit. If you haven't guessed already, I feel like I'm about to turn into a turnip I have so many from the garden. I had to get creative to keep using them.

I also have the food dehydrator going now to dehydrate some dill and some shredded zucchini that I'll store until this winter to use for zucchini bread.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Magna

I'll set another place at the table. Come one, come all! Well, one can dream of a fun, peaceful feast attended by fellow autistics.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ella Spell

Ella Spell Something

... and Toto too?

15. Magna

And Toto too.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. BenderRodriguez

Magna: I've been planning for a while now to make kimchi but didn't quite get around yet. Everything you make looks great, have you been cooking since you were a kid or is it a more recent interest?

Karamazov: how did the cake come up?

Barbecue sauce simmering:

[​IMG]

An Italian friend is sending me a box of local stuff once in a while (I do the same) and this time I had a fresh truffle and girasoli that needed using and made bruschetta to go with it as an entree:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, of course, my lovely assistant for the day:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. Karamazov

^ Your cat is beautiful :)
    And you food looks both beautiful and delicious :yum:

My cake has turned out lovely, thank you: I experimented with a type of sugar I’ve never used for a fruit cake before, and a different spice mix to normal: I’ve used the blog facility to post both the recipe and a photograph :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. BenderRodriguez

Thank you, he rules the house - obviously.

Ah, cool, still getting my bearings here and didn't know about the blogs: I've just seen it and it looks great and you can't go wrong with that awesome mix of spices :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stuart1975

Stuart1975 Well-Known Member

Dauphinois potatoes

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Karamazov

I haven’t had those in years! :eek:

Maybe I’ll be lucky and my grandmother will make some for lunch next time I help her in her garden... ;)

• Like Like x 1