• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Comedian Bill Cosby Convicted On All Counts

Yes, most people are not.

I understand why people think like that, but it's a myth, and a destructive one at that.

For that to be correct, you would have to think that power would corrupt you if you got it and I'm sure it wouldn't. Would it corrupt most of the people you know and love? Most the people I know would not be so corrupted.

I believe the problem is that broken personalities are often attention seeking and driven to get fame, power and money. If they are successful they then have a vehicle to amplify their preexisting issues.

People who desire power often want it at a person to person level as well, and what better way than to dehumanise people as Cosby did.

The press report gleefully on successful people's issues, and never when Mr X continued living a good life despite fame and power. It skews the balance of good vs bad in our mind and makes us believe there is more bad than good, when in fact it's the other way around.

Some people who back up my argument (there are tons more);

Elon Musk
Bill Gates
Mark Zuckerberg
George Cluney

A healthy personality will use fame, power and money to help other people - the top of Maslow's hierarchy.

Broken personalities will use it to shore up holes in theirs.

What people like Cosby, and Saville and that film producer (forgot his name) do is not just an assault on people, they assault our society as a whole, and our memories and it's right that we despise them above all others. They deliberately abuse our trust so that they can abuse the vulnerable.

It's good that their legacies are now ash, and everything they have built will be lost.

Compare the pair.

upload_2018-4-27_19-15-15.jpeg

I think it's sad. He had a good family tv show with a lot of people involved in it, and educational cartoon show in the 70's and so on, and now all that's turned to garbage. Then there's all the victims and what they had to go though. His family. All that. I don't feel sorry for him, but I do for everyone else.

I read many years ago, ( in reader's digest of all places, ) that he named all his children with names starting with "E " for "Excellence." apparently his son Ennis, who was dyslexic, was a major disappointment. I remember it after all these years as it struck me as majorly narcissistic.

I'm a bit of a medievalist when it comes to justice. So I say cut off his head and catapult it over the enemies wall. Well, we can cut off his head now, and then keep it until we have an enemy with a wall to catapult it over.

I'm a bit of a medievalist when it comes to justice. So I say cut off his head and catapult it over the enemies wall. Well, we can cut off his head now, and then keep it until we have an enemy with a wall to catapult it over.

Cryogenic justice..

But,to paraphrase Monty Python, the ones that got their heads chopped off could be considered lucky

How can a man that did that in a public forum end up president?

With considerable help from bribed officials, Russian cyber-crime, the degeneration of Evangelical Christianity grasping at power, and millions of people brainwashed into mindless compliance from constant watching of Fox News.

Very much the same tactics the Nazis used, only we are (hopefully successfully) fighting back in large and visible ways that did not (for whatever reason) happen in Depression-era Germany.

The Cosby situation seems to puzzle people: he was successful! beloved! influential! talented! It doesn't matter now and it didn't matter then; before he was all these things, he was a rapist. After, he had more opportunities and more ability to dodge the consequences, but he did not change, before or after.

He has no more character than someone lurking in the bushes with a knife, or breaking into a woman's apartment, or asking women on dates for the purposes of date rape. It's all sexual assault and he did it because he has a criminal mind. He takes what he wants.

Everything else has nothing to do with his character, or lack of it. People are upset because they used to like and admire him; but none of that turned out to be true. It was, literally, an act.

I just found out that while his records and television appearances were family friendly, his live shows in places like Las Vegas were anything but. I had no idea... but it makes sense now.

With considerable help from bribed officials, Russian cyber-crime, the degeneration of Evangelical Christianity grasping at power, and millions of people brainwashed into mindless compliance from constant watching of Fox News.

Very much the same tactics the Nazis used, only we are (hopefully successfully) fighting back in large and visible ways that did not (for whatever reason) happen in Depression-era Germany.

The Cosby situation seems to puzzle people: he was successful! beloved! influential! talented! It doesn't matter now and it didn't matter then; before he was all these things, he was a rapist. After, he had more opportunities and more ability to dodge the consequences, but he did not change, before or after.

He has no more character than someone lurking in the bushes with a knife, or breaking into a woman's apartment, or asking women on dates for the purposes of date rape. It's all sexual assault and he did it because he has a criminal mind. He takes what he wants.

Everything else has nothing to do with his character, or lack of it.

I so agree with you!!!!!! Agree x5! Let's hope our resistance pays off big time come November!

I just found out that while his records and television appearances were family friendly, his live shows in places like Las Vegas were anything but. I had no idea... but it makes sense now.

Good to know. Frankly I lost track of the nature of his monologues many years ago. Probably his last one I had in my possession was "200 MPH". Though for more gritty humor I looked to Richard Pryor and George Carlin back in the 70s.

I can't recall who it pertained to, but there was another celebrity whose monologue was also claimed to have "tells" of another nature that their fans were not aware of. Wish I could recall who that was. o_O

Last edited:

The parallels are quite chilling.

Trump is no Hitler though. He may have the same hatred, but he lacks intelligence and the strategic mind to cause the same devastation.

Putin wouldn't have put him in power otherwise.

OK, Final warning.
If you choose to continue this thread on a political based note,I have no choice but to shut it down.

If you feel the need to go political, you have been given a sign up option to talk politics if you can maintain it in a civil manner.

Political views unrelated to the autism spectrum have no business on the open forum.

This thread was about Bill Cosby's conviction and nothing more.

Steer it back on topic, or move along.

Looks like the floodgates are open on Cosby. I wonder if other accusers will still emerge beyond the present 60 women? It did seem pointless for Cosby to insult the prosecutor about being a flight risk. But then it was his choice not to testify to set things straight from his perspective.

At least his bail is based on house arrest. He's not going anywhere.

"This is the side of Bill Cosby that we know that nobody else believed because I think the general public believes the character that he portrays. They don’t see the real person behind that character, accuser Victoria Valentino, a former Playboy Playmate who alleged the actor drugged and assaulted her in 1970, told Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb on Today."

'That Was Bill Cosby Depravity 101': Accuser Slams Actor’s Profane Outburst After Guilty Verdict

"How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?"

Perhaps a more optimistic question might be to ask how many more women will now be empowered to step up and speak up when they are violated in such a way?

No one should be compelled to remain silent over sexual battery, whether the perpetrator is rich or poor. At that point they're not a celebrity, but just a sex offender.

Perhaps a more optimistic question might be to ask how many more women will now be empowered to step up and speak up when they are violated in such a way?

No one should be compelled to remain silent over sexual battery, whether the perpetrator is rich or poor. At that point they're not a celebrity, but just a sex offender.

Yeah, they show old episodes of Top of the Pops from the 80's on BBC 4 on a Thursday night, but obviously they have to skip a LOT of episodes because they were presented by the likes of Jimmy Saville or Dave Lee Travis, convicted Paedophiles.

They also don't talk about Rolf Harris any more, because of what he's alleged to have done, and at one time he was one of the most famous Australian artists that never appeared in a soap, BIG fall from grace that.

Yeah, they show old episodes of Top of the Pops from the 80's on BBC 4 on a Thursday night, but obviously they have to skip a LOT of episodes because they were presented by the likes of Jimmy Saville or Dave Lee Travis, convicted Paedophiles.

They also don't talk about Rolf Harris any more, because of what he's alleged to have done, and at one time he was one of the most famous Australian artists that never appeared in a soap, BIG fall from grace that.

I was wondering about that too. Whether every tv show Bill Cosby ever starred in has been or will be subsequently yanked from tv stations. I know his alma mater Temple University even took back one of the honorary degrees they bestowed upon him.

New Threads

Top Bottom