• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Citizens advice bureau advisor

Aspergers_Aspie

Before I was registered at the aspie charity that I attend. I used to get help from the citizens advice bureau. I was talking to the advisor about parts of Edinburgh that have a rough reputation. The advisor said along the lines of it's not politically correct to say that. But after reading these two news stories for example, I definitely don't agree with the advisor. What does everyone else think?:-

Edinburgh police swoop on city park after 'massive gang fight' breaks out

Worrying moment Edinburgh gang take child on off-road rampage in park

That advisor is an idiot. Anyone who is too dimwitted to pay attention to such things is more likely to be a victim.

I'm not sure what they meant by "not politically correct"

But every large city has at least some bad neighbourhoods, that is a fact

Still not sure what exactly you are asking

Before I was registered at the aspie charity that I attend. I used to get help from the citizens advice bureau. I was talking to the advisor about parts of Edinburgh that have a rough reputation. The advisor said along the lines of it's not politically correct to say that. But after reading these two news stories for example, I definitely don't agree with the advisor. What does everyone else think?:-

Edinburgh police swoop on city park after 'massive gang fight' breaks out

Worrying moment Edinburgh gang take child on off-road rampage in park
Doesn't matter what the advisor says. You have a voice...use it. :)

The advisor said along the lines of it's not politically correct to say that.

Sounds like someone, for some reason wants to "sweep the matter under a rug". Makes me wonder if this person receives kickbacks or gratuities from the gangs themselves. Crime rather than politics.

-What we in the states refer to as "hush money". After all, where there's violence, corruption usually follows.

If someone gave such a response to me, I'd report it to the proper authorities. Seems a fundamental problem if and when civil authorities and law enforcement are not on the same page when it comes to the security (or lack thereof) of a specific neighborhood. Unless both are being paid off by criminal entities, reflecting a much bigger problem, and a place best not to reside in.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom