• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

it feel like myth, a story that is emn
Partial true. Prophecy does not fall into that category.

No. Their still relevant now and will be into the future.

They say it like this so I re-phrased it: there is nothing in the bible that could not have been known at that time.

It is super tough imagination task of time travel to 100BC or whatever. What were people like then? What could they think or not think of?

No Galileo for 1000s of years. or renaissance. Also, no church. It is kind of hard to imagine that no one could conceive that you might marry for love. It is so ingrained in the present, how could you?

Like you corrected me, but I agree with you totally. It is still relevant now and in the future, yes.

Last edited:
Well I think philosophy plays a part. But, if you were to have faith like little children. Wouldn't that mean you interpret the Bible as it is written?
Well yes, a lot of the Bible is straight forward, but there are certain passages in Sacred Scripture where one would do a child would do namely, ask an "adult," or figure out for oneself the philosophy and theology behind said passage.

So, if you don’t mind me asking @The Pandector what kind of Theological mysteries or understandings fascinate you?

You seem inclined to take the long view, and are willing to be honest about what seems to be an apostasy going on, civilizations declining. I don't think that's necessarily being presumptive or judgmental; after ~ 20 years teaching and preaching the Bible, I have the same concerns.

So here's one answer to your question... Schools of theology come and go, and so do fervency and revival. If spiritual sincerity can be measured by how it impacts our lives... Can we trace, looking at church history, which doctrines get lived out and which don't? When we see God in historical action, can we see which teachings of that period are strong and supportive of his actions, and which are not? When a great congregation or movement fades, can we see which doctrines were forgotten and which were stubbornly clung to?

Things like these can keep me attentive to what is otherwise a spiritual wasteland.

You seem inclined to take the long view, and are willing to be honest about what seems to be an apostasy going on, civilizations declining. I don't think that's necessarily being presumptive or judgmental; after ~ 20 years teaching and preaching the Bible, I have the same concerns.

So here's one answer to your question... Schools of theology come and go, and so do fervency and revival. If spiritual sincerity can be measured by how it impacts our lives... Can we trace, looking at church history, which doctrines get lived out and which don't? When we see God in historical action, can we see which teachings of that period are strong and supportive of his actions, and which are not? When a great congregation or movement fades, can we see which doctrines were forgotten and which were stubbornly clung to?

Things like these can keep me attentive to what is otherwise a spiritual wasteland.
Interesting, yes I do agree that the survival of certain doctrines does testify to their authenticity. Studying Church history is something I find fascinating and something I want read more on.

How much have you read on Church History? Have you come across any noteworthy books or documentaries?

Just as a quick side question, I'm wonder what everyone's thoughts are on the following phrase, Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi, "the law of praying [is] the law of believing [is] the law of living" which basically means, how you pray determines what you believe which in turn determines, how you will live your life. I'm curious what other Christians and the like think of the this phrase and it's meaning.

New Threads

Top Bottom