• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Children With Autism 'See' This Optical Illusion in a Unique Way, Experiment Finds

Interesting: Pupillometry reveals perceptual differences that are tightly linked to autistic traits in typical adults

I have done quite a few of these sorts of "optical illusion" recognition tests in the past. Many of these I can switch back and forth and see both images. However, the specific one they presented in this study, all I can see is the rotating cylinder, and not the sliding colors. The "ASD test" in this study was to look at pupil dilation and the timing of the mind to switch back and forth between the images. I didn't have the ability to do it at all, in this case.

I remember back when I was a kid. We had a black and white television. It was overwhelming for me when we got a color set. I didn't like all the harsh oranges and greens. I would go into my grandmother's bedroom to watch cartoons on her black and white television set.

I remember back when I was a kid. We had a black and white television. It was overwhelming for me when we got a color set. I didn't like all the harsh oranges and greens. I would go into my grandmother's bedroom to watch cartoons on her black and white television set.
I didn't like the cathode monitors either--the color ones. Black & white TV was way before my time but the first (and so far only) TV set I have owned was a cheap 5" Curtis set with a radio.
To answer @Ella Spell I think they were talking about seeing in black and white when looking at motion, and then filling in a monochrome image in colors. That makes sense to me because sometimes (it used to be more when I was little) things did look black and white a bit more. I have tested and am not color blind at all.

I can't watch TV documentaries or TV shows with certain special effects - white flashes, flickering, sudden speeding up, static noises or steel on steel noises.

New Threads

Top Bottom