• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cheapest price for an Amazon Echo?

Whoever runs this website should take down all sections that are not autism-related.

That's not necessary. If they place a "robots.txt" file in the appropriate sections it will keep all the third-party bots from harvesting those threads in the first place. The same way the members only sections are not subject to data harvesting.

Until this happens, we will use the forum how we normally do.

Under the existing circumstances, "we" becomes anyone- and everyone much like the post a few spots above. Someone who it appears came here only looking for tech advice and nothing else. Not any real travesty, however this forum isn't intended to function as a tech site like Tom's Hardware or AnandTech. But search engines don't necessarily make such distinctions when they harvest such data in this forum.

As long as it doesn't happen again it's funny more than anything. Time will tell I suppose.

Last edited:
I’m getting a headache, man. Can’t be bothered talking more on this thread.

It's not particularly complex, but it may be problematic. Allowing search engine bots to run amuck and give the outside world the impression we're just one more source to troubleshoot tech problems, having nothing to do with autism.

But then I suppose some people are desperate to go to the trouble of signing up to an autism community, only in the hope of having their tech questions answered as if we were getting paid to do so. :rolleyes:

Sort of reminds me of a recent commercial where one neighbor expects the other next door to do all the work in securing a contractor for them. Really? :p

Last edited:
Whoever runs this website should take down all sections that are not autism-related. Until this happens, we will use the forum how we normally do.

Won't happen, and nor should it IMHO.

If you don't like how the forum is run, don't use it! Simple.

New Threads

Top Bottom