• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chatroom Feature

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
I'm wondering if we can add a feature we can show how many people in the chatroom without being in the chatroom? It value would appear somewhere near the top of the page. I know a forum site once I did wrote code to add the feature. Wondering if anyone would find this feature useful?

Well, there should be number above, in the chatroom displaying how many people are in. If you click on "forums" in the above tabs it gives you the chatroom and a list of the subforums. It doesn't go fullscreen for the chat, so....

That should be similar to what you're looking for.

I might be missing something. Can you provide a screenshot. I was thinking something like this screenshot I created

Untitled.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

If I click forums, it displays the number of people above the chatroom widget.

IMO having it as it now would invite people to at least check out if someone is around and eventually just say something in the chat to get some others involved, having a number displaying on a tab might not really do this. Probably a psychological thing to motivate people more, heh.

New Threads

Top Bottom