• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chasing door to door sellers away?

I answer the door only if a parcel is expected. When there were issues with door to door sales at a place I used to live, I’d answer the door holding a baseball bat. Because once, a strange guy scared the daylight out of me: he attempted to force the door open & it was all I could do to close it before he entered my house. After that I decided if he came back I was gonna let him have a taste of my “hospitality.” Also I reported it to the local authorities.

That it truly terrifying. I don’t know what part of the world you are in, you may have told me but my memory is pretty bad due to late stage Lyme disease. If you can, guns are a great equalizer for women and they have lots of classes in the US if your here. If not, can you get pepper spray? You need something more than a bat! Hornet spray I’ve heard is great because it works a long ways and your suppose to spray the bad persons face with it.

I have been hoping to have some of these encounters to practice the assertiveness training I read about. They will try to take control of the conversation and you must not let them. Unfortunately, I don't get many of them at my house.

Learned not to answer the door due to home invasions, which happened instead of car jackings which happened in a different state. Then in another state it was straight up jack you up on the street invasion. So now anything can be a potential threat. Don't answer the door, don't answer the phone, etc.

But l really don't mind being antisocial, it isn't a mask.☺ Look out for yourself because a lot of people are out just trying to jack you up like a 3rd world country.

Last edited:
Here’s the point of my thread; Is it my aspergers that makes me freak out so much when strangers are in my yard?

Perhaps a bit of YES and NO. It would appear that you have some serious and legitimate concerns. On the other hand, the degree to which you respond may be, in part, an underlying anxiety that is common with Asperger's condition.

Do you take medication? Perhaps the actual issue is not with the trespassers.

How rude!

Can’t even blame a comment on that on Aspergers, low shot. Not sure how to block someone here but you will be my first and it appears you’ll have company!

Last edited:
Depends how rough your neighbourhood is, always put your own safety first.

It’s not the neighborhood it’s the city. Doesn't matter how nice the hood is when you live this close to the southern border and it’s wide open. I’ve seen border crossers steal in places like Rosses or Marshalls department stores right in front of the workers/security and they are scared of them so they let them walk out with clothes.

The great news in Texas is that our wonderful Governor, Mr. Greg Abbot Just signed for the border wall to be finished here in Texas. That is wonderful, it works where it’s in place.

We have all the security measures in place, yeah the doorbell camera and pretty much anything you can think of. My husband is 30 year military man, marksman in shooting and a big strong person but I was alone that day. He has to do most all the food shopping due to my limitations.

We are moving this year going over 2,000 miles north almost to the northern border near Canada. More suitable weather than we have here, we did love the snow!

It’s not the neighborhood it’s the city. Doesn't matter how nice the hood is when you live this close to the southern border and it’s wide open. I’ve seen border crossers steal in places like Rosses or Marshalls department stores right in front of the workers/security and they are scared of them so they let them walk out with clothes.

The great news in Texas is that our wonderful Governor, Mr. Greg Abbot Just signed for the border wall to be finished here in Texas. That is wonderful, it works where it’s in place.

We have all the security measures in place, yeah the doorbell camera and pretty much anything you can think of. My husband is 30 year military man, marksman in shooting and a big strong person but I was alone that day. He has to do most all the food shopping due to my limitations.

We are moving this year going over 2,000 miles north almost to the northern border near Canada. More suitable weather than we have here, we did love the snow!

Have read a lot of stories about the south part of Texas. My girlfriend survived an kidnapping attempt there. She is on the spectrum. Her date hit the brakes really hard, she almost passed out. His hood contact drove up, there was a rolled up rug in the back of his car. I lived on the East coast but l called 911 to take her to the hospital. She told me l saved her life that nite. Think she was going to be sold into sex trafficking over the border.

Last edited:
How rude!

Can’t even blame a comment on that on Aspergers, low shot. Not sure how to block someone here but you will be my first and it appears you’ll have company!

I said basically the same thing you said except mine was about medication. Is the medication part the offensive part? Medication generally keeps me from extreme emotions. It's wonderful.

I used to open the door, ask them what they want, and then say "thanks, but not interested". if they keep going, i repeat myself. if they STILL keep going, i say goodbye, and i close the door. usually they leave. if they hang around, i mention police, or i will remove them myself, as now, its trespassing. Now i have invented a new system, if i see someone at the door i do not know, or i am not expecting to be there, i simply do not open the door. you dont "have to" open your door. also a security camera helps.

I had Mormons coming a lot or other groups and I would invite them in and whip out a Greek Bible and ask them why they interpreted certain words they way they did and I really wanted to know. That was fun. I made a friend or two. But they didn't come back after a while.

I feel you man. I hate door to door sellers. Heck I’m not a fan of salespeople in general. I don’t like forced behavior

And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right
Where I belong I'm right
Where I belong
Silly people run around
They worry me and never ask me
Why they don't get past my door

New Threads

Top Bottom