• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Challenging one's self

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I am terrible for not challenging myself and it is because I fear failure and so, have missed out on a lot of opportunities.

So, I am watching a Korean drama ( my obsession currently) and it is about music or to be accurate, playing the piano. As I watch with deep fascination as the fingers fly across the keys. Seems so magical, since there is no number or letters to denote the different sounds.

I get this idea forming. I never had the chance as a child to learn or see if I am capable of learning a musical instriment, so really, how do I know if I am capable or not, unless I try? The huge negative part of my brain says: give it up; you can never attain to something so grand. But, there stubborn part says: really?

I search for an app and soon realised I was asking the wrong question. It was not about learning to play the piano, but understand the music notes or sheets, so with that, found an app and so far, it is fantastic and I am rather chuffed with myself, because I understand: c d e f. And a few other bits and note that the letters go up the lines and c is the centre. there is a sort of squiggle line, which denotes a pause.

So, once I am more established, I am going to get a keyboard, which will hardly take up room. Lol don't have space for a piano.

I am terrible for not challenging myself and it is because I fear failure and so, have missed out on a lot of opportunities.

So, I am watching a Korean drama ( my obsession currently) and it is about music or to be accurate, playing the piano. As I watch with deep fascination as the fingers fly across the keys. Seems so magical, since there is no number or letters to denote the different sounds.

I get this idea forming. I never had the chance as a child to learn or see if I am capable of learning a musical instriment, so really, how do I know if I am capable or not, unless I try? The huge negative part of my brain says: give it up; you can never attain to something so grand. But, there stubborn part says: really?

I search for an app and soon realised I was asking the wrong question. It was not about learning to play the piano, but understand the music notes or sheets, so with that, found an app and so far, it is fantastic and I am rather chuffed with myself, because I understand: c d e f. And a few other bits and note that the letters go up the lines and c is the centre. there is a sort of squiggle line, which denotes a pause.

So, once I am more established, I am going to get a keyboard, which will hardly take up room. Lol don't have space for a piano.

Which Korean Drama is it? I love Korean drama, too.

Also, I can relate to the fear of failure. I try to remind myself that it doesn’t matter if I fail. But the reluctance which derives from that fear is inexplicable.

The only Korean drama i watched with pianos involved was Secret Love Affair.

Guilty as charged, I'm notable for being afraid to try new things...

Good luck with the learning process :)

Which Korean Drama is it? I love Korean drama, too.

Also, I can relate to the fear of failure. I try to remind myself that it doesn’t matter if I fail. But the reluctance which derives from that fear is inexplicable.

The only Korean drama i watched with pianos involved was Secret Love Affair.

Do Do Sol Sol La La is the one currently I am in the middle of and if I actually manage to learn and play a bit of piano, then I am determined to learn to read Korean. After all, it is patterns and pretty sure, if based on logic I can achieve and why, I think I am doing well with the musical notes, because they are logical to me.

Lovely to "meet" another Korean drama fan.

Do Do Sol Sol La La is the one currently I am in the middle of and if I actually manage to learn and play a bit of piano, then I am determined to learn to read Korean. After all, it is patterns and pretty sure, if based on logic I can achieve and why, I think I am doing well with the musical notes, because they are logical to me.

Lovely to "meet" another Korean drama fan.

Music is like math. It is logical!

New Threads

Top Bottom